• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK sex workers in 'dire and desperate' need amid coronavirus lockdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Morally it is your body do with it as you will within reason.

Accusing users of rape or condemning the practice because you find it morally or religiously objectionable is not reasonable.
    This.

Assuming the person involved is fully in control of their decision (ie. no coercion is in place), and taking all emotion out of it, someone getting paid for using their genitals for sex work is no different to others getting paid for using their hands to make furniture or their voice to sing.

They can choose to do it if they want/need the money, or they can choose not to and look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      This.

Assuming the person involved is fully in control of their decision (ie. no coercion is in place), and taking all emotion out of it, someone getting paid for using their genitals for sex work is no different to others getting paid for using their hands to make furniture or their voice to sing.

They can choose to do it if they want/need the money, or they can choose not to and look elsewhere.
      So a hand finish is worth more in both industries? Mrs NLUK would beg to differ.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        So a hand finish is worth more in both industries? Mrs NLUK would beg to differ.

Far from it her workers can handle more that way! You need to watch more German documentaries.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I am not comfortable telling people what they can or can't do willingly if it does not hurt another. If they aren't doing it willingly or it hurts another then the law has to step in.

Morally it is your body do with it as you will within reason.

Accusing users of rape or condemning the practice because you find it morally or religiously objectionable is not reasonable.

That said I would have a hard time if one of my children announced it as a career decision. Though it could be worse they could become a labour MP!
          This.

I'm curious: aren't you troubled by the relative inequity in the power dynamic in this sort of transaction?
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            I'm curious: aren't you troubled by the relative inequity in the power dynamic in this sort of transaction?

You are again trying to imply coercion. If legalised & regulated then the power is with the supplier.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You are again trying to imply coercion. If legalised & regulated then the power is with the supplier.
              I wasn't, but there maybe in such a relationship. It really isn't, but, and clearly, other opinions are available.
              Last edited by wattaj; 15 April 2020, 10:39. Reason: Speillng.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                I said to take the assumption of coercion and emotion out of it. I think that's where you're struggling.

But, I'd imagine that, in the sex industry, the power dynamic is not always in the one direction.

Comment

In countries where it is legal and regulated it turns out not to be the case for a significant number of workers..
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I said to take the assumption of coercion and emotion out of it. I think that's where you're struggling.

But, I'd imagine that, in the sex industry, the power dynamic is not always in the one direction.
                    RE point 1: No, not struggling; just curious.

RE point 2: That's quite a leap.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      In countries where it is legal and regulated it turns out not to be the case for a significant number of workers..
                      No right of substitution?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X