• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

New Forum created - Coronavirus Assistance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Forum created - Coronavirus Assistance

    Admin has created a new sub-forum in Business/Contracts - Coronavirus Assistance

    It is for all coronavirus/COVID-19 questions and posts. This will be a central repository for questions and business posts. Hopefully we won't get repeated questions spread across the forum.

    It is a Professional sub-forum and due to his knowledge in this area, PC is provided with special protection. I will ban anyone who looks sideways at him if he chooses to give advice.

    That is all - carry on...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

    #2
    Originally posted by JohnyCastro
    Hi folks,

    Below is the response from my MP. I am working through and umbrella company. Is it up to them to get my monies sorted out? PAYE I have no idea if I am. I have contated them but they have no answer for me as yet.
    Any advice would be most appreciated!
    Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

    Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

      Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.
      Eh?

      Comment


        #4
        Paralytic is replying to a post that's been deleted by the poster.

        It happens.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Paralytic is replying to a post that's been deleted by the poster.

          It happens.
          Oh

          Comment


            #6
            Origional Post

            Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            Your Umbrella (as your employer) should be your first port of call. What have they said? Do you have confirmation that your current situation is down to Covid? Were you employed by them as at 28/2? Have they said whether they can furlough you and can therefore continue to pay 80% of your salary? Have they said (and have you asked) if that is just the minimum wage element of your salary or the total taxable components?

            Tell us what you've found out so far and we can try fill in the gaps. But, it will need your Umbrella to furlough you, otherwise its Universal Credit.
            ================================================== =================================

            Hi there,

            I have emailed my local MP about loss of earnings and this was his reply. Could you please advise.

            Kind regards,

            Stephen


            If you are paid by PAYE you are able to get the umbrella company or employer to claim for you under the Job Retention Scheme.

            If you are self employed there is the self employed reimbursement scheme.

            You can find the info here: Claim for your employee’s wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK and COVID-19: support for businesses - GOV.UK

            The FSB is also very good Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed | FSB, The Federation of Small Businesses

            If you don’t fall into any of these categories than you can claim for Universal Credit.

            That’s the schemes at the moment.

            Good luck,

            Ian Murray MP

            Comment


              #7
              Latest from Umbrella

              Originally posted by JohnyCastro View Post
              ================================================== =================================

              Hi there,

              I have emailed my local MP about loss of earnings and this was his reply. Could you please advise.

              Kind regards,

              Stephen


              If you are paid by PAYE you are able to get the umbrella company or employer to claim for you under the Job Retention Scheme.

              If you are self employed there is the self employed reimbursement scheme.

              You can find the info here: Claim for your employee’s wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - GOV.UK and COVID-19: support for businesses - GOV.UK

              The FSB is also very good Coronavirus (COVID-19): Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed | FSB, The Federation of Small Businesses

              If you don’t fall into any of these categories than you can claim for Universal Credit.

              That’s the schemes at the moment.

              Good luck,

              Ian Murray MP
              ================================================== ===============================

              Hi Stephen,

              With regards to the government subsidy, we are still taking advise on how this all works, as we want the very best outcome for all the employee’s.

              Please can I ask that you bare with us a little longer, while we gather all information needed, from all sources, so we do not incorrectly quote anything.

              I will be back to you asap, with all information we can give, and need, to best help you at this time, many thanks in advance for your patience.


              Kind Regards

              Comment


                #8
                Mail them back and correct advise, bare, and asap, bold it and put FTFY at the bottom.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 1 April 2020, 20:05.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  FTFY

                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Mail them back and correct advise and bare, and asap, bold it and put FTFY at the bottom.
                  Have done and now I await their response with bated breadth.

                  Cheers.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Admin has created a new sub-forum in Business/Contracts - Coronavirus Assistance

                    It is for all coronavirus/COVID-19 questions and posts. This will be a central repository for questions and business posts. Hopefully we won't get repeated questions spread across the forum.

                    It is a Professional sub-forum and due to his knowledge in this area, PC is provided with special protection. I will ban anyone who looks sideways at him if he chooses to give advice.

                    That is all - carry on...
                    Who's PC?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X