• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic buying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Is this the end of panic buying? Tesco store returns to normal | Metro News

Apparently supermarkets are getting back to normal.

I heard last week it would take about 2 weeks.
    I was hoping this would be the case too...we had our Ocado order arrive today but even though we have a reserved slot I'm not expecting to be able to get one for at least a month so will likely have to brave the shops end of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Is this the end of panic buying? Tesco store returns to normal | Metro News

Apparently supermarkets are getting back to normal.

I heard last week it would take about 2 weeks.
      Glad to see my local Tesco getting into the news, at least!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Glad to see my local Tesco getting into the news, at least!
        My local Tesco was in the news due the panic buying queues.

Though I've only brought alcohol there since I saw them storing food outside one Christmas and then found out a year later the local Environment Health department had fined them for rodent issues amongst other things....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Just ordered 2 kg of coffee beans to keep my stash topped up.

It's an essential!
          +1

Yes it is categorically a life saver - without it people around me will die!

I got an extra kilo of beans for "stock pilling" so this make my current total of coffee to be 2.5kg beans / 7lb of ground / c.50 nespresso pods

Will it last the full 12 weeks, we shall see...
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            My local Migros had pallets of the stuff outside.

B&Q will open for the sale of essentials - not everything. At least that's what their website seems to say. The recreational aspect of going to the shops has to be shut down.
            Thanks for the top tip. I'll nip round there then. Remind me, where in Switzerland are you exactly?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              +1

Yes it is categorically a life saver - without it people around me will die!

I got an extra kilo of beans for "stock pilling" so this make my current total of coffee to be 2.5kg beans / 7lb of ground / c.50 nespresso pods

Will it last the full 12 weeks, we shall see...

there was a sell off of Starbucks coffee beans at £1 a couple of weeks ago. I have a few KG.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Strolled down to the bakers this morning, got some nice fresh baked bread, stopped off at a small supermarket on the way back and picked up some sausages but still no sign of toilet paper
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Strolled down to the bakers this morning, got some nice fresh baked bread, stopped off at a small supermarket on the way back and picked up some sausages but still no sign of toilet paper
                  I believe our local store has some, small shops are definitely the places to look. Corner shops and the like.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    there was a sell off of Starbucks coffee beans at £1 a couple of weeks ago. I have a few KG.
                    There's some depths I simply can't go to.

#famouslastwords

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      There's some depths I simply can't go to.

#famouslastwords

I actually quite like their expresso & medium roast. The Tchibo stuff is pretty good as well.

what would you prefer?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X