• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus in UK

Chatting to my mate Tony, and he recons the only reason we haven't seen more instances of the virus in the UK is because people can't get a doctors appointment, and there are no beds available in hospitals.

He heard it off his wife who does Zumba with a nurse in local hospital, so it sounds legit. Seems the government are hiding the real scale of the outbreak in the UK.

You heard it here first!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

A week wait for my normal GP, which I thought was done deliberately so that most people feel better (or worse?) by the time of appointment...

Comment

I won't believe it until I read it in the express.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        A week wait for my normal GP, which I thought was done deliberately so that most people feel better (or worse?) by the time of appointment...
        Most GPs are only 4 days. But I suppose you need one that specialiases in squirrel diseases...

Comment

At least the worst affected will be the Brexit supporting demographic.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Physically, yes. Psychologically, the (mostly remain supporting) bedwetter demographic will be beside themselves.

First indication will be a shortage of quinoa at Wimbledon Waitrose.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Seems the government are hiding the real scale of the outbreak in the UK.
              Makes sense. For most people it will be like a bad cold/flu that they'll shrug off as normal. The rest will seek medical attention, as normal.

So keep calm and carry on.

Let the rest of the world panic, cause chaos, close their economy, and still get the virus anyway.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hobosapien;2735521]
                Seems the government are hiding the real scale of the outbreak in the UK./QUOTE]

Makes sense. For most people it will be like a bad cold/flu that they'll shrug off as normal. The rest will seek medical attention, as normal.

So keep calm and carry on.

Let the rest of the world panic, cause chaos, close their economy, and still get the virus anyway.
                The problem is likely to be the large number of people who need intensive care beds. The deaths are easy to manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  In the medium term this should free up the doctor's surgery and hospital beds too. This COVID-19 virus is all up side
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

He heard it off his wife who does Zumba with a nurse in local hospital, so it sounds legit.
                    Garnering your nonsense from the horse's mouth as opposed to the horse's arse for a change.

Progress of sorts...........

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X