• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Charming! You must be a great boss to work for
    Unlike you I know first hand what the communism regime is like - specifically people don't get to choose where to work, so anybody who does not like person who tells communists to shove their ideas up their arses should be getting a job elsewhere and be grateful they don’t live under commie regime.

Comment

UK’s Labour would cost companies £300bn in workers’ share swipe

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Unlike you I know first hand what the communism regime is like - specifically people don't get to choose where to work, so anybody who does not like person who tells communists to shove their ideas up their arses should be getting a job elsewhere and be grateful they don’t live under commie regime.
      You’re right, I wasn’t brought brought up under a communist regime.

I was brought up in the 70s and 80s where workers had to go on strike for hard-fought rights, where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for daring to ask for a fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work.

So perhaps wannabe totalitarians like yourself should be grateful that others have fought for the rights that you are so keen to enjoy, but want to deny to others.

Comment

It’s a real pity you did not experience it.

Comment

I was brought up in the 70s and 80s where workers had to go on strike for hard-fought rights, where ordinary people got their heads kicked in for daring to ask for a fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work.

So perhaps wannabe totalitarians like yourself should be grateful that others have fought for the rights that you are so keen to enjoy, but want to deny to others.
          boo hoo

maggies child here too.

Repeatedly made a job for myself and enjoyed prosperity. Keep on blaming others for your misfortune. Its yours!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So that's where you got that chip. You're in 2017 now mate, time you left that crap behind.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well maybe not communist but the labour of the 70's was pretty ******* close.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Keep on blaming others for your misfortune. Its yours!
                Thus spake the man who blames the EU for everything that is wrong with the UK.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Thus spake the man who blames the EU for everything that is wrong with the UK.
                  You're effin' big bollocks when he's banned, aren't you? As soon as he's back you'll have your tongue rammed so far up his arse that sasguru will be creaming in his dungarees!

Zig - in "just thought I'd lighten the mood" mode!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    You're effin' big bollocks when he's banned, aren't you? As soon as he's back you'll have your tongue rammed so far up his arse that sasguru will be creaming in his dungarees!

Zig - in "just thought I'd lighten the mood" mode!
                    Never were truer words spoken in jest.

Comment

There was a suggestion that both Bill Sirs (ISTC) and Arthur Scargill (NUM) were in league with Maggie as neither followed the wishes of a large proportion of their membership in calling their respective strikes and both didn't really have a cohesive plan. Maggie would have found great difficulty politically in making the redundancies which followed both strikes if it were not for those strikes.

It should have been plain to Scargill that McGregor, who had orchestrated the steel industry changes, would do the same with the miners. Scargill was a fool to take him and Maggie on in the way that he did. I guess both men enjoyed their pensions.

I have always laid the blame for the 1984 miners strike at the feet of Joe Gormley, who effectively brought down the Conservative Government in 1974. I said then that there would be repercussions, and Maggie proved so.

Comment

Working...
                      X