• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 - hmrc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ir35 - hmrc

Interesting article from a whistle blower

IR35 HMRC Exemption - Contractor Weekly

Anyone confirm the HSBC news ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

The writer sounds like a disguised employee. NLUK will go nuts.

Comment

It sounds like they don't understand the off payroll rules. HMRC aren't saying they are exempt from the law, they have applied the law and decided that their workers are outside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
        It sounds like they don't understand the off payroll rules. HMRC aren't saying they are exempt from the law, they have applied the law and decided that their workers are outside IR35.
        Agree with this. Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...side-ir35.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Could be good if spun correctly though. No sense in holding back.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

That's all rather convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                That's all rather convenient.
                If they engage with their suppliers in the correct way (i.e. so that they are actually outside IR35), I don't see the problem. If they're treating them like employees, then that's not great.

Comment

Sounds more like HMRC said they would all be in scope of IR35 and they all left. Then HMRC advertised the jobs as inside with no takers. Then only got them back once they determined that the roles were outside.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    Sounds more like HMRC said they would all be in scope of IR35 and they all left. Then HMRC advertised the jobs as inside with no takers. Then only got them back once they determined that the roles were outside.
                    HMRC still claimed it as a total success.....

Comment

Working...
                    X