• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ir35 - hmrc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend at HSBC told me this. All contractors at HSBC being asked to go perm or leave. A recruiter confirmed the same is happening to contractors at HSBC Digital.

there's no misunderstanding of IR35. Go perm or else is what's happening.

This opens up a nice revenue stream for HMRC as they will be seeking to reclaim NIC and PAYE on anyone who goes down this route.

Comment

I also think that this is potentially good news...
      If HMRC are able to make inside IR35 contracts into outside, but updating contracts and practises then surely the Private sector should be able to demonstrate the same.
      What I'd hope is that the private sector will do this proactively and not make the same mistakes as HMRC i.e. force contractors out and THEN make the changes to allow them to demonstrate that they are outside IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
        Sounds more like HMRC said they would all be in scope of IR35 and they all left. Then HMRC advertised the jobs as inside with no takers. Then only got them back once they determined that the roles were outside.
        And when the contractors are no longer required, HMRC will pursue them for IR35 retrospectively...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X