• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ir35 - hmrc

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ir35 - hmrc"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Sounds more like HMRC said they would all be in scope of IR35 and they all left. Then HMRC advertised the jobs as inside with no takers. Then only got them back once they determined that the roles were outside.
    And when the contractors are no longer required, HMRC will pursue them for IR35 retrospectively...

Leave a comment:

• K12AN
    replied
    I also think that this is potentially good news...
    If HMRC are able to make inside IR35 contracts into outside, but updating contracts and practises then surely the Private sector should be able to demonstrate the same.
    What I'd hope is that the private sector will do this proactively and not make the same mistakes as HMRC i.e. force contractors out and THEN make the changes to allow them to demonstrate that they are outside IR35.

Leave a comment:

• borisbike3
    replied
    A friend at HSBC told me this. All contractors at HSBC being asked to go perm or leave. A recruiter confirmed the same is happening to contractors at HSBC Digital.

there's no misunderstanding of IR35. Go perm or else is what's happening.

This opens up a nice revenue stream for HMRC as they will be seeking to reclaim NIC and PAYE on anyone who goes down this route.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Sounds more like HMRC said they would all be in scope of IR35 and they all left. Then HMRC advertised the jobs as inside with no takers. Then only got them back once they determined that the roles were outside.
    HMRC still claimed it as a total success.....

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    It sounds like they don't understand the off payroll rules. HMRC aren't saying they are exempt from the law, they have applied the law and decided that their workers are outside IR35.

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    That's all rather convenient.
    If they engage with their suppliers in the correct way (i.e. so that they are actually outside IR35), I don't see the problem. If they're treating them like employees, then that's not great.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It sounds like they don't understand the off payroll rules. HMRC aren't saying they are exempt from the law, they have applied the law and decided that their workers are outside IR35.
    That's all rather convenient.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Could be good if spun correctly though. No sense in holding back.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...side-ir35.html

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Agree with this. Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The writer sounds like a disguised employee. NLUK will go nuts.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    started a topic Ir35 - hmrc

Ir35 - hmrc

Interesting article from a whistle blower

IR35 HMRC Exemption - Contractor Weekly

Anyone confirm the HSBC news ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Working...
X