• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surprised none of our lefties mentioned this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous diagram. Thatcher is way too far up, and should be next to Friedman.
    Mmm. on what basis do you say that? Try critiqueing the methodology used to create the diagram, and explaining why you'd graph it differently.

Anyway - it's posted to demonstrate difference between Hitler and Stalin. Not all bastards are equal.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      the right wing xenophobes who voted out
      That constitute 52% of the voting public.

Maybe you are living in the wrong place?

Have you ever considered joining OG in La La Land, or emigrating to wherever the Care Bears currently reside?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It depends what you means by "left and right". Consider politicalcompass.org's graph here:

Hitler's economic policies were neither right nor left wing. Stalin's were definitely left - planned economy and all that.
        I know Kinky Friedman has some dodgy song titles but I still wouldn't put him in the same circle as these people
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          ... or emigrating to wherever the Care Bears currently reside?...
          Somewhere over Florida, according to XKCD.

Comment

Mmm. on what basis do you say that? Try critiqueing the methodology used to create the diagram, and explaining why you'd graph it differently.

Anyway - it's posted to demonstrate difference between Hitler and Stalin. Not all bastards are equal.
            Abortion and especially homosexuality votes, should equate to more distance down, from hitler and closer to friedman, liberal/fascist speaking.

The NHS staying public keeps her the correct amount to the left of Friedman, communism/libertarian speaking.

Besides, there’s a line of thought, that there were ‘3 eras’ of Thatcherism, pre 1979, 79-83, 83+.....but that would mean a nuanced infographic, with 3 different dots for Thatcher.

Is that enough of a critique for you?

PS. Gandhi should higher up, due to his authoritarian leanings of housing segregation of Indians from South Africans, whilst he lived over there...

PPS. The authors even say, “If you could get Hitler and Stalin to sit down together and avoid economics, the two diehard authoritarians would find plenty of common ground.” - so I’m not sure that was the main point of them posting that infographic...have another read of it. (Hint: Paragraph 7)
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

The point was, and still is - Stalin and Hitler had their similarities, but extreme left and extreme right are not identical.

Comment

The point was, and still is - Stalin and Hitler had their similarities, but extreme left and extreme right are not identical.
                Fantastic, you ask for a critique, and then have virtually no response when one is given.

You’re trolling, back under your bridge, you lazy feckless mod.

Just in case it’s just a mixture of medication and alcohol (beer on laptop...) Have a quick look at your picture again and tell me Hitler is on the extreme right of it...

In which case, your point is....? Nonsensical.
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Have you ever considered joining OG in La La Land, or emigrating to wherever the Care Bears currently reside?

You'd love that, wouldn't you? For moderates to leave the country so that your extremists xenophobic views can become even more mainstream. I'll hang around, if it's all the same with you, and keep calling xenophobia out when I see it; like shooting fish in a barrel on this site though

Have you had your call up papers yet, to man the shelves in Tesco following a hard Brexit?
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'll hang around, if it's all the same with you,
                    No doubt. Like a lingering bad smell.

You are the ageing mackerel hidden underneath the floorboards of common sense.

In many more ways than one too.

But hey, you are very welcome to stay. Since most of the other Bremoaners sold out and scarpered there is a real shortage of village idiots.
                    And you have the complete skillset sewn up.

You could clean up!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You'd love that, wouldn't you? For moderates to leave the country so that your extremists xenophobic views can become even more mainstream. I'll hang around, if it's all the same with you, and keep calling xenophobia out when I see it; like shooting fish in a barrel on this site though

Have you had your call up papers yet, to man the shelves in Tesco following a hard Brexit?
                      You've got your own little place for this krap. - why do you continue to pollute General with it??

Comment

Working...
                      X