• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surprised none of our lefties mentioned this.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Lazy? I was right, so I made as much effort as was needed.
    The result, possibly, as you only implied it.

The reasons behind it? No, you’re lazily stereotyping ~17 million people as stupid and racist.

HTH BIDI
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      So a lazy stereotype, that anyone who voted leave was stupid and/or racist it is then.

You’re too metropolitan to ‘know’ England too, given you don’t live there and make lazy accusations, without understanding the intentions behind the votes, but you are free to express bigoted opinions, as you just have done, it’s your freedom.

HTH
      Which our ancestors died for on some godforsaken beach 70 odd years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        So a lazy stereotype, that anyone who voted leave was stupid and/or racist it is then.
        You need to work on your logic again.

I was saying that the stupidity and racism of the English electorate would be a factor in a Leave vote, and that it should not be underestimated.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Which our ancestors died for on some godforsaken beach 70 odd years ago.
          And also for your right to be stupid and racist.

Comment

And also your right to give all they fought and died for away for free.

Comment

QED. Good work.

Comment

Oh FFS, get over it. You don't know what people who died 70 years ago would be making of this mess today. They fought the right wing nazis, they may well see Brexit and it's leaders as just as misguided as those they fought back then. We don't know, because they are dead, so don't try to put words into their mouths. They fought for freedoms we enjoy today and would continue to enjoy if we stay in the EU - your fear and paranoia makes the average snowflake leaver seem almost reasonable.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You need to work on your logic again.

I was saying that the stupidity and racism of the English electorate would be a factor in a Leave vote, and that it should not be underestimated.

HTH
                  I agree, it will be a factor, as every nation houses some racists.

For it to be a significant factor, however, significant numbers must hold those views and you would still be implying those attributes apply to a large section, if not all of the English electorate.

So, are you saying it was a significant factor, or merely some useless throwaway comment, used to try and impress your colleagues?
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Oh FFS, get over it. You don't know what people who died 70 years ago would be making of this mess today. They fought the right wing nazis, they may well see Brexit and it's leaders as just as misguided as those they fought back then. We don't know, because they are dead, so don't try to put words into their mouths. They fought for freedoms we enjoy today and would continue to enjoy if we stay in the EU - your fear and paranoia makes the average snowflake leaver seem almost reasonable.
                    Also the fascists

They also fought for freedoms, that we would continue to enjoy outside of the EU too.

Ps. What defines an “average snowflake leaver” exactly?
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      If in 1946 you had turned around and said that in 50 years we will have a centralized European parliament who have a say in British affairs and it is a good idea you would have been hung from a lamppost and pitchforked.

Those people knew what they were fighting for.

Comment

Working...
                      X