• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Yep, I knew plenty of people who rode dotcom all the way up and then gave it all back, and then some, on the way down. Price drops of over 90% were commonplace.

I recall Scooty saying he lost big time in the early 2018 crypto bear market.

None of this is investing. Even the term speculation makes it sound too respectable. It's gambling, pure and simple. And, if you're going to gamble and you're not in control, then it won't end well.
    Yup. Not that there's anything wrong with gambling, but you'd better know when you're doing it and not think you have a special scootie gift (although, tbf, inverted scootie is a pretty gifted predictor).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Yup. Not that there's anything wrong with gambling, but you'd better know when you're doing it and not think you have a special scootie gift (although, tbf, inverted scootie is a pretty gifted predictor).
      If scootie is still an uber-contrarian, then the inverse-scootie will be like winning the lottery in this market.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Take yer dirty thoughts out of me respectable long term investment thread

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Take yer dirty thoughts out of me respectable long term investment thread
          You started the thread at a price of around 20. I give it 3 months and the price will be back to that level.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

You started the thread at a price of around 20. I give it 3 months and the price will be back to that level.
            If it drops below 70, the omens may not be good.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

If it drops below 70, the omens may not be good.
              He got greedy, should have taken the profit off the table.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/441...aught-in-storm

Summary
              • The company is currently overvalued based on its revenues, in our view.
              • Supply storm will evolve from blessing to curse for semiconductor manufacturers.
              • General economic climate sets the stage for some brutal price corrections.
              • We believe the company should be valued at $69.79 per share, although increased market exaggeration may push price lower.

Comment

my short term investment in amd has turned into long term

Comment

He got greedy, should have taken the profit off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    my short term investment in amd has turned into long term
                    A long term investment is usually a short term investment gone wrong.

Comment

A long term investment is usually a short term investment gone wrong.
                      Like a marriage?

Comment

Working...
                      X