• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    AMD is a dog.

    THIS is a doge.

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...21-11620151738

    11,000% gain

    I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

    Comment


      Comment


        76.51 USD



        The way things go it might reach 60 again...

        Comment


          AMD is so last decade.

          You need to get with it man, and invest like the youth.

          The more crap something is, the more potential it has.

          Dump your AMD and buy Doge!
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

          Comment


            Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            AMD is so last decade.

            You need to get with it man, and invest like the youth.

            The more crap something is, the more potential it has.

            Dump your AMD and buy Doge!
            To the literal MOON baby!

            https://www.reuters.com/business/fin...ar-2021-05-09/
            I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

            Comment


              Is it just me, or is the world going fecking mad?

              I tend to buy into the Efficient Market Hypothesis. The trouble is, the EMH relies on market participants acting rationally. And I ain't seeing a lot of that these days.

              I was in the thick of the late-90s dotcom boom, and by heck what's happening now isn't half reminiscent of that. All you had to do was buy any old piece of crap, and you made money. But then the party ended...
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

              Comment


                Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Is it just me, or is the world going fecking mad?

                I tend to buy into the Efficient Market Hypothesis. The trouble is, the EMH relies on market participants acting rationally. And I ain't seeing a lot of that these days.

                I was in the thick of the late-90s dotcom boom, and by heck what's happening now isn't half reminiscent of that. All you had to do was buy any old piece of crap, and you made money. But then the party ended...
                There's $5.4 trillion more money in people's bank accounts than before the pandemic due to global money printing. That money is going to crypto, meme stocks, anything that might give a get rich quick outcome.


                It is totally mental. You used to wait 5 years to double your investment, now people demand and expect that in a few months.
                I design idiot proof software. Trouble is, they keep making better idiots.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  You used to wait 5 years to double your investment, now people demand and expect that in a few months.
                  That cuts both ways. And actually when asset prices are falling, they tend to go down much faster than they went up.

                  No doubt some people are going to make a killing. But many are going to get slaughtered.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    No doubt some people are going to make a killing. But many are going to get slaughtered.
                    They're mostly the same people at different points on the timeline. Until then...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

                      They're mostly the same people at different points on the timeline. Until then...
                      Yep, I knew plenty of people who rode dotcom all the way up and then gave it all back, and then some, on the way down. Price drops of over 90% were commonplace.

                      I recall Scooty saying he lost big time in the early 2018 crypto bear market.

                      None of this is investing. Even the term speculation makes it sound too respectable. It's gambling, pure and simple. And, if you're going to gamble and you're not in control, then it won't end well.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X