• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How rich are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB
    As I said, a Dollar a Day is not unusual, and is in fact the World Banks definition of the poverty line. Earn more than $1 a day and you are officially not poor...
    Someone should tell Gordon Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
      Someone should tell Gordon Brown.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the New Lie spin machine was using when describing the number of people no longer in poverty under Labour.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Everybody who earns over 110k go to that range. Try to put 999999999999999999999999999 pounds a year and you'll be in the same range as someone making 110k. Yet, there is some kind of difference between let's say Bill gates and someone who makes 110k a year.

Bill Gates is the fat tail on the distribution curve.

Besides the figure is incorrect anyway, there over a 100,000 people in India alone who earn more than 110K a year.

I would say there are probably a few million people in the world who earn more than 110K a year.

Comment

Usual pinko guff

Totally meaningless comparison as illustrated by Polish labourers migrating and sleeping on the streets.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, I beat all you lot.

"You are the richest person in the world!"

Apparently it's not about how much you have after all...

Comment

I stuck in a quarter:

"You're in the richest people in the world!"
              "I'm the 5,780,722,892 richest person on earth!"

And they still ask me for donations! I was hoping they'd tell me how to get my share of you lot's donations!

That still puts me above milan though!

Comment

Working...
              X