• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many weeks/days did you work 2006?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

365 days, 24/7 this year and worked in 8 countries.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
      Too many days...and not any holiday...which is cr@p considering you are a long time dead and there are more important things than work.

BGG in "sick of IT" mode
      "I could't do everything, but at least I spent all my available time in the office"

-- Expat on his deathbed.

Not.

Comment

240+ but all on one project. Intend to have a decent break after this one though.

*PL in I need to pay off the sleep overdraft mode*

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          "I could't do everything, but at least I spent all my available time in the office"

-- Expat on his deathbed.

Not.
          i totally agree... an old friend said to me the last thing you are gonna say on your death bed is i wish i had spent longer in the office and that why i'm a contractor....I wil take as much time off as i can get..
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

185 days. I like my holidays...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

About 165 days. One cushy contract.

Comment

Wouldn't that be B & E

Comment

238 this year, 2nd best year revenue wise.
                  Most ever worked - 272 - bit mad but thought I was making hay etc. I find you are fine if you have 1 day off a week, otherwise it is a train smash waiting to happen !
                  Not interested in doing that anymore, a permie type 225 or less would suit fine. Need to enjoy the time 'resting' which is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I was physically present at my employers for about 46 weeks.

Actual "work" took up about a fortnight of that, all told.

I'm bored.
                    Yes, your project for taking over the world is dragging its feet a bit, eh zeity?

Comment

So are we making the distinction between working and invoicing here?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X