• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many weeks/days did you work 2006?"

Collapse

• LordF
    replied
    265 days

I only had 5 days out in Canada on personal business. Did some weekend work too. In all 265 billed days in 2006. My best year so far (since 1998 contracting start). Need to pay off the £500k mortgage sharpish!!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by donaldduke
    266 days.

Anyway i didnt renew my contract into the new year, so will be taking some well deserved time off.
    Can you remember what to do with it?

Leave a comment:

• donaldduke
    replied
    I started current contract on 3 Jan this year.

Out of 247 working days (normally there are 250, but this client insists on you taking another three between xmas and new years).

I billed 246.

Then there another 22 days billed for working weekends and a couple of overnights.

266 days.

Anyway i didnt renew my contract into the new year, so will be taking some well deserved time off.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Worked all year including most weekends. Took on far too many clients and projects. Peaked mid September doing 90+ hour weeks. Took a couple of weeks off earlier this year but overall took on far too much. Record turnover...another year of this and I'll either be:-

(a) mortgage free
    (b) mortgage free and dead.

Now burned out and looking forward to 2 weeks off. Maybe will look into employing some .NET code monkeys in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    If you took absolutely no holidays, you would work 52 * 5 = 260 days per year, so I don't know where 240 comes from.

Anyway I did 252 days (approx 2,150 hours), but that was after 2005 where I took 4 months off.

Also noteworthy for 2006:

* best net profit year since 2001
    * I only spent about 10k from my contracting income on living expenses! Plan B & C provided the rest. Which means that by 2009ish B & C income will be > expenses.

Working Christmas day as well. No wonder you live you on your own.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    This year I worked Jan, Feb, March. Took April till Sept off and then worked Oct to Dec.

I like to take a reasonable holiday these days, and with no real mortgage and a Plan B generating about £50K pa I can afford to be a bit leisurely these days.

Which was nice.
    What was Plan B ?

Did about 8 months myself, 2 chunks of 2 months resting.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    So are we making the distinction between working and invoicing here?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I was physically present at my employers for about 46 weeks.

Actual "work" took up about a fortnight of that, all told.

I'm bored.
    Yes, your project for taking over the world is dragging its feet a bit, eh zeity?

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    238 this year, 2nd best year revenue wise.
    Most ever worked - 272 - bit mad but thought I was making hay etc. I find you are fine if you have 1 day off a week, otherwise it is a train smash waiting to happen !
    Not interested in doing that anymore, a permie type 225 or less would suit fine. Need to enjoy the time 'resting' which is easier said than done.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Wouldn't that be B & E

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    About 165 days. One cushy contract.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    185 days. I like my holidays...

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    "I could't do everything, but at least I spent all my available time in the office"

-- Expat on his deathbed.

Not.
    i totally agree... an old friend said to me the last thing you are gonna say on your death bed is i wish i had spent longer in the office and that why i'm a contractor....I wil take as much time off as i can get..

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    240+ but all on one project. Intend to have a decent break after this one though.

*PL in I need to pay off the sleep overdraft mode*

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    Too many days...and not any holiday...which is cr@p considering you are a long time dead and there are more important things than work.

BGG in "sick of IT" mode
    "I could't do everything, but at least I spent all my available time in the office"

-- Expat on his deathbed.

Not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X