• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand caves rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    What a great result.
    I can see Hollywood making a film about this.
    Yep, except in the movie all the Brits, Australians and Thai's who did the dangerous stuff are all replaced by a team of Yank Navy SEALs who arrive in a fleet of Apache's, tell the Thai authorities they are all idiots and then save the kids without help from anyone else.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I don't think a rescue like the Thai Caves could be done in the UK because H&S issues even prevent rescuers from diving into a pond.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Yep, except in the movie all the Brits, Australians and Thai's who did the dangerous stuff are all replaced by a team of Yank Navy SEALs who arrive in a fleet of Apache's, tell the Thai authorities they are all idiots and then save the kids without help from anyone else.
        Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as leader of the Navy Seals, Tom Cruise as the foolish but brave and supportive coach.
        Throw a love interest in for both and the mother of all tidal waves on its way to flood the caves just for good measure.
        It writes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I don't think a rescue like the Thai Caves could be done in the UK because H&S issues even prevent rescuers from diving into a pond.
          Wasn't it a Brit who flew out there off his own bat and found them?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Originally posted by wparkar View Post
            Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as leader of the Navy Seals, Tom Cruise as the foolish but brave and supportive coach.
            Throw a love interest in for both and the mother of all tidal waves on its way to flood the caves just for good measure.
            It writes itself.
            I think we can add, the flood was caused by an after quake form a North Korean nuclear test with the help of the Iranians. The Russians try to sabotage the rescue because the cave contains a secret nerve-gas store.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think we can add, the flood was caused by an after quake form a North Korean nuclear test with the help of the Iranians. The Russians try to sabotage the rescue because the cave contains a secret nerve-gas store.
              Peter Stormare as the Russian intelligence agent sent to stop The Rock getting his hands on the store.....by any means necessary

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                Wasn't it a Brit who flew out there off his own bat and found them?
                Yes, it was... but not in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  What a great result.
                  I can see Hollywood making a film about this.
                  It needed a last minute drama where the water was rising as they left, or there's an earthquake. It went amazingly smoothly in the end - the threat of rain was real of course. Has the rain now come as feared?

Except for trained divers who do this stuff as their job. I don't recall the Fire brigade not going into burning buildings for H&S, or armed police failing to take down terrorists for H&S.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It needed a last minute drama where the water was rising as they left, or there's an earthquake. It went amazingly smoothly in the end - the threat of rain was real of course. Has the rain now come as feared?

Except for trained divers who do this stuff as their job. I don't recall the Fire brigade not going into burning buildings for H&S, or armed police failing to take down terrorists for H&S.
                    And cave divers are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Simon Burgess drowned after firemen refused to wade in 3ft deep lake due to health and safety rules | Daily Mail Online

PCSOs who 'stood by' as boy drowned
                      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ned-named.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-12610863

etc, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X