• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unnamed person arrested and sent straight to jail under media blackout

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    Some reports of Tommy's court case which emerged yesterday (taken from inside court - all unconfirmed):

"Judge stated he hadn't watched the full live stream, he'd only watched a brief moment of it (a couple of seconds)"
    "Judge stated 'Freedom of speech comes with consequences'"
    "Judge stated 13 month sentence would have been awarded regardless of previous suspended sentence - 'previous sentence irrelevant'"
    "Judge running the grooming trial was the person who sentenced Tommy"
    I understand one of the jurors went commando. And a unicorn briefly made an appearance for the defence. Unconfirmed.
    The fact that you're an imbecile. Confirmed.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I understand one of the jurors went commando. And a unicorn briefly made an appearance for the defence. Unconfirmed.
      Those are statements released by Tommy Robinson's camera man, Caolan Robertson, who was with Tommy on site when filming the stream.
      Of course, everything Caolan says could be lies and propaganda.

Here's the video released yesterday where he makes the statements...

Comment

Some reports of Tommy's court case which emerged yesterday (taken from inside court - all unconfirmed):

"Judge stated he hadn't watched the full live stream, he'd only watched a brief moment of it (a couple of seconds)"
        "Judge stated 13 month sentence would have been awarded regardless of previous suspended sentence - 'previous sentence irrelevant'"
        Judge Geoffrey Marson, QC, said:

"No one could possibly conclude that it would be anything other than highly prejudicial to the defendants’ in the trial. I respect everyone’s right to free speech. That’s one of the most important rights that we have. With those rights come responsibilities. The responsibility to exercise that freedom of speech within the law. I am not sure you appreciate the potential consequence of what you have done.

If the jurors in my present trial get to know of this video I will do doubt be faced with an application to discharge the jury. If I have to do that it will mean a re-trial, costing hundreds and hundreds and thousands of pounds."

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....lity-1-9184611
        But, still, don't let daft things like the truth get in the way of you frothing at the mouth and looking stupid.

His sentencing remarks from last year also make for some interesting reading:

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...n-20170522.pdf

He knew exactly what he was doing:

In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court,
        refer to people as "Muslim paedophiles, Muslim
        rapists" and so on and so forth while trials are
        ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury
        that that is what they are, and you will find yourself
        inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much.
        Of course, people will continue to defend him and cry about it because people are ******* idiots.
        Last edited by vwdan; 30 May 2018, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          But, still, don't let daft things like the truth get in the way of you frothing at the mouth and looking stupid.

Of course, people will continue to defend him and cry about it because people are ******* idiots.
          But that's all fake, we need to click on videos, because the more clicks, the higher up the search engine results, and the more advertising money that flows into the coffers of his supporters as they continue to hate and disrupt the British justice system.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Erm

Isn't there a bit of definition that if it is free it kind of comes without consequences?

Anyway not defending this Tommy guy or whatever his name is, he seems to be a tit.

'free
            friː/Submit
            adjective
            able to act or be done as one wishes; not under the control of another.
            "I have no ambitions other than to have a happy life and be free"
            not or no longer confined or imprisoned.
            "the researchers set the birds free"
            synonyms: on the loose, at liberty, at large; More'

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Erm

Isn't there a bit of definition that if it is free it kind of comes without consequences?

Anyway not defending this Tommy guy or whatever his name is, he seems to be a tit.

'free
              friː/Submit
              adjective
              able to act or be done as one wishes; not under the control of another.
              "I have no ambitions other than to have a happy life and be free"
              not or no longer confined or imprisoned.
              "the researchers set the birds free"
              synonyms: on the loose, at liberty, at large; More'
              The important bit here is that the judge didn't actually say that. It's just convenient paraphrasing from the idiots supporters.

What he actually said was, as posted above :

Judge Geoffrey Marson, QC, said:

"No one could possibly conclude that it would be anything other than highly prejudicial to the defendants’ in the trial. I respect everyone’s right to free speech. That’s one of the most important rights that we have. With those rights come responsibilities. The responsibility to exercise that freedom of speech within the law. I am not sure you appreciate the potential consequence of what you have done.

If the jurors in my present trial get to know of this video I will do doubt be faced with an application to discharge the jury. If I have to do that it will mean a re-trial, costing hundreds and hundreds and thousands of pounds."

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....lity-1-9184611
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Those are statements released by Tommy Robinson's camera man, Caolan Robertson, who was with Tommy on site when filming the stream.
                Of course, everything Caolan says could be lies and propaganda.

Here's the video released yesterday where he makes the statements...
                Ah yes, this delightful individual. Hangs out with those bastions of patriotism and honour Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen. Lately of Britain First and currently doing time for racially aggravated harassment which involved hammering on some poor families door and screaming that they were peadophiles and foreigners at them and their kids. His "style of journalism" is to take any incident and add "it was the Islam's that done it" on the end.

A trustworthy and reliable source if ever I saw one

Doesn't much like the LBGT crowd either.

Last edited by DaveB; 30 May 2018, 13:44.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

He says the same thing about not doing exactly the same thing more than once so it can't really be any clearer can it.

He also says exactly what the case is about and the first thing he says is it isn't about free speech. Maybe if anyone complaining about his right to free speech should be giving this to read. Might shut them up.

This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about the freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly. It is about ensuring that a jury are not in any way inhibited from carrying out their important function. It is about being innocent until proven guilty. It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as "Muslim paedophile rapists". A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that and under the strict liability rule there would be no defence to publication in those terms. It is pejorative language which prejudges the case, and it is language and reporting - if reporting indeed is what it is - that could have had the effect of substantially derailing the trial. As I have already
                  indicated, because of what I knew was going on I had to take avoiding action in order to make sure that the integrity of this trial was preserved, that justice was preserved and that the trial could continue to completion without people being intimidated into reaching conclusions about it, or into being affected by "irresponsible and inaccurate reporting". If something of the nature of that which you put out on social media had been put into the mainstream press I would have been faced with applications from the advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon the trial and to start again. That is the kind of thing that actions such as these can and do have, and that is why you have been dealt with in the way in which you have and why I am dealing with this case with the seriousness which I am.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So if I get this right this idiot was outside court making a video and trying to pass it of as 'news' and in that video he accused the 'accused' of being 'pedo muslim rapists' and that is contempt of court as it could remove the impartiality of the jury.

Is that about right?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      So if I get this right this idiot was outside court making a video and trying to pass it of as 'news' and in that video he accused the 'accused' of being 'pedo muslim rapists' and that is contempt of court as it could remove the impartiality of the jury.

Is that about right?
                      Pretty much sums it up. Followed by outcry of people saying free speech is being censored.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X