• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nisan Xtrail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nisan Xtrail

hello,

Need advise- planning to buy used Nissan Xtrail Automatic (2014/15 year onward). Need your thoughts how is the car (long drive/repair/maintenance cost etc..). Thanks
    Last edited by vik845; 23 May 2018, 16:35.

Originally posted by vik845 View Post
    hello,

Need advise- planning to buy used Nissan Xtrail (2014/15 year onward). Need your thoughts how is the car (long drive/repair/maintenance cost etc..). Thanks
    What colour is it?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      What colour is it?
      No specific colour.

Comment

No specific colour.
        Oh.

Comment

Reliable as f***, Boring as f***. Not too bad to drive but rolls too much so get a CX-5 variant with the 4wd option instead which is infinitely better to drive, but if you plan on towing horse boxes off muddy fields, get some flavour of Land Rover. If you're doing trans-continental cruising, get a BMW Xn

In other words, define the need first, then buy the car!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

planning to buy used Nissan Xtrail Automatic (2014/15 year onward).
            How about an older model X-Trail with a built-in high-end entertainment system....?

Comment

hello,

Need advise- planning to buy used Nissan Xtrail (2014/15 year onward). Need your thoughts how is the car (long drive/repair/maintenance cost etc..). Thanks

What do you need it for, what do you want it for?

You've already chosen a make, model and age.

Most people choose cars because they have requirements for what the car should have or be capable of doing. That then helps narrow down things like the type of engine and model variant.

Some people choose cars because of make, model and age, where the requirement is purely around wanting a particular car for it's status symbol, for example. In that case, then there's no point in discussing the engine, model variant, reliability etc, because the person has already discounted those as being relevant.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nissan are the epitome of boredom. Perhaps reliable in some ways, but it won't make you want to jump out of bed and look out of the window at it in the morning. It's like getting re-married in your late 40s to a woman who has had 4 kids but she's a nice girl and you think it makes sense because you're getting on a bit and want someone to just be there with you or take a walk with you to the local park with the pet dog.

Oh and I have read that the Qashqai was not reliable... so watch out for the xTrail.

I looked at both of these in some detail a couple of years ago and decided against.

I know you're on a budget - because anyone looking at Nissan is - but take a look at the lovely new BMW X2. You might be able to get a favourable lease or finance deal on it.
                Last edited by ChimpMaster; 23 May 2018, 17:30.

Comment

My wife has one (2016) It's got plenty of gadgets but as others have said they are pretty boring. But so far it's been reliable and better equipped than the Mazda. Her's has 4wd and cameras all around giving a 360 degree view, which is handy when parking it because it's pretty big. They are not exactly quick although she got done doing 92 in hers. They have a 1500 engine in them, so acceleration isn't too hot
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    My wife has one (2016) It's got plenty of gadgets but as others have said they are pretty boring. But so far it's been reliable and better equipped than the Mazda. Her's has 4wd and cameras all around giving a 360 degree view, which is handy when parking it because it's pretty big. They are not exactly quick although she got done doing 92 in hers. They have a 1500 engine in them, so acceleration isn't too hot
                    I was about to rush to its defence until I read the bit about the 1.5L motor.

Boring is fine if it's got a bit of grunt. I always assumed the xtrsil was Nissan's equivalent of the Rav4 which has a 2.2L motor (at least, mine does). Does Nissan do a more powerful offering in this class?

Comment

Working...
                    X