• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris puts his foot in it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    After all, there are a few societies in the world where women walk about with bare tits. Does that make British women oppressed?
    Lets start a campaign to un-oppress Bristish Women.

Comment

Nigel Farage pointing out that this is a calculated step on the way to the Tory leadership contest. He just needs a bit more hair spray and then his image should be complete.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Nigel Farage pointing out that this is a calculated step on the way to the Tory leadership contest. He just needs a bit more hair spray and then his image should be complete.

Johnson's been talking to Bannon (no really he has) and has taken something from the populist/fascist playbook (Rule 1: "demonise the other").
        I mean why mention this now?
        What's sad is how gullible the people are - they're fooled every time by this sideways feint.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Johnson's been talking to Bannon (no really he has) and has taken something from the populist/fascist playbook (Rule 1: "demonise the other").
          I mean why mention this now?
          What's sad is how gullible the people are - they're fooled every time by this sideways feint.
          Indeed, good point, Boris doesn't really have the brains for his own calculated strategy.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I don’t like the burka, I do find it an oppressive symbol which grates culturally against the liberal values of the UK.

However I do not think it should be generally banned (perhaps for teachers, whilst in a bank, etc). Rather it should be personal choice, a freedom to choose.

I do however find Boris’s comments unacceptable. Whilst you may not like the burka, there is no need to use such insulting and decisive language describing it (letter boxes etc). I think he was way out of line there, and he should apologise.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              I don’t like the burka, I do find it an oppressive symbol which grates culturally against the liberal values of the UK.

However I do not think it should be generally banned (perhaps for teachers, whilst in a bank, etc). Rather it should be personal choice, a freedom to choose.

I do however find Boris’s comments unacceptable. Whilst you may not like the burka, there is no need to use such insulting and decisive language describing it (letter boxes etc). I think he was way out of line there, and he should apologise.
              How do you feel about people wearing the Balaclava?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Or the Mankini in public?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As a motorcyclist I have to remove my helmet when ever I use a petrol station or even go into some shops. Therefore in the interests of non discrimination against individuals or groups of individuals I would like to propose that similar rules be applied to the wearers of the Burka or any other headwear that obscures the facial features of an individual.

Feeling discriminated and oppressed

A Motorcyclist

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I have no strong views. I think they should be removed in banks and when needing to show your face for ID purposes.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X