• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commercial Loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you asking that hasn't already been answered?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
      What are you asking that hasn't already been answered?
      Alan you have answered and that should be suffice for you. You can move on now and not read this thread any further if it really annoys you.

Comment

No problem. Hopefully somebody else who also knows what they're talking about will come along and tell you exactly the same soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
          Alan you have answered and that should be suffice for you. You can move on now and not read this thread any further if it really annoys you.
          Or you could just say thank you for the free professional advice from a qualified person.

Jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            No problem. Hopefully somebody else who also knows what they're talking about will come along and tell you exactly the same soon.
            What are the odds a moderator closes this thread first?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              What are the odds a moderator closes this thread first?
              But Sandy hasn't got the answer s/he is looking for yet. What's more likely is that the thread gets moved to General.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                But Sandy hasn't got the answer s/he is looking for yet.
                Yes, I got my answer from here, and from my accountant, this thread can be closed if mod like.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  But Sandy hasn't got the answer s/he is looking for yet.
                  I'd say, in General, s/he/it has got the answer deserved.

Comment

In fact WordIsBond, you gave me exactly the answer I am looking for

If you want to know how to enter this loan on your sole trader business balance sheet, you can enter it as a liability if you want. It isn't income for your sole trader business. You can write an IOU, or not. You can keep it in a safe or whatever. Nobody cares what you do there.
                    i.e. most likely as a sole trader the business loan wont be considered as a BIK, or be taxed on it as an income ( of course this is not certain)

.If you want to know how to reflect it on your ltd co accounts, it is a directors loan,
                    Yep, agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post

i.e. most likely as a sole trader the business loan wont be considered as a BIK, or be taxed on it as an income ( of course this is not certain)
                      ONLY IF THE LOAN IS NOT FROM A LTD COMPANY

I hope you're trolling at this point.

Comment

Working...
                      X