• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leicester corner shop blast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or so we are led to believe because then there is no blame.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Or so we are led to believe because then there is no blame.
      And the Metropolitan police are well known for trying to avoid blaming disadvantaged members of society for anything

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And the Metropolitan police are well known for trying to avoid blaming disadvantaged members of society for anything
        I know you're trying to get people to think rationally, but really - there are idiots out there who need a narrative of "it was the fault of the chavs". It helps them to overcome, for a few seconds, the enormous feelings of inadequacy they, quite rightly, suffer every day. Just to feel a little bit superior for a brief moment of time.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Thats the rumour. The fact is that it was started by a faulty fridge freezer.

Grenfell Tower: Fire started in Hotpoint fridge-freezer, say police - BBC News
          I think there is some confusion because of this:

https://nypost.com/2018/03/01/fire-s...renfell-tower/

(NY post was more fun than the story in the Telegraph)

A survivor of last year’s deadly Grenfell Tower fire in London has landed in hot water after authorities found remains of his cannabis oil factory, according to a report.

Eamon Zada, 35, was arrested after investigators combing through the rubble three weeks after the June 14 fire found cannabis cuttings, gas canisters and an oven in his apartment, the Telegraph reported.

Though from the sounds of it the electrics in the tower so bad it wouldn't of been surprising if any electrical item in it caught fire.

Grenfell sounds like a story of mainly stupidity & cost cutting.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's starting to sound like an insurance scam, as it was alleged in court today that there was petrol throughout the shop: Leicester shop explosion: Three men in court over fatal blast 'caused by petrol' - BBC News

Clearly trying to emulate the kebab shop owner up the road a few years ago:

Comment

If that's true that they used petrol, how on earth could they imagine they could get away with it? You do see some daft crimes at times.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Prisons are full of thick criminals. THe smart ones get away with. As a certain James Bolivar diGriz discovered early on.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Thick indeed. Remember that one a few years back when a women was blown up by a hand grenade. Her husband was a soldier! Or that case where some young men got ambushed and stabbed in full view during rush hour at Victoria Station.

Probably just as well that most criminals are not fiendishly cunning like in James Bond movies.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I think I preferred the distillery story, my faith in human nature just hit rock bottom, sick bastards ! This is when you start wanting there to be a heaven so Hell can exist.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      I think I preferred the distillery story, my faith in human nature just hit rock bottom, sick bastards ! This is when you start wanting there to be a heaven so Hell can exist.
                      They are going to prison and it's not for murder so they will endure a living hell.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X