• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop losses are for people that don't know which way the market is going.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Eh?

What about your 3x short Ether?

And BTW, Options are inherently leveraged. That's why people trade them (more bang for the buck).
      I was talking about Stock market w.r.t to previous post.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        maybe scooty did not know that
        he is much wiser now and poorer
        Wrong on both counts

1) He's clearly not yet accepted the mess he could be in
        2) By his logic, he is only poorer when a loss is realised

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I was talking about Stock market w.r.t to previous post.
          But your Put option is a leveraged derivative of the stock market (FTSE).
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Stop losses are for people that don't know which way the market is going.
            We call those people dumb money. Smart money like us can see the future. The future can never change there is no free will, and only the grand masters like us are all knowing.

Probably why we are here on a dying IT contractor site and not buying the 100th Lamborghini from one our our super yachts.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Beautiful - the index rose to previous support, perfectly normal, now this is the big test. Does it become resistance? If it is unable to climb above 6000 and stay there until the end of the week at least then the downtrend is set in stone. There's no saving it.
              Does this mean if the FTSE is still (as it has been now for weeks) in the +/- 6000 area you'll finally STFU about the markets crashing?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                We call those people dumb money. Smart money like us can see the future. The future can never change there is no free will, and only the grand masters like us are all knowing.

Probably why we are here on a dying IT contractor site and not buying the 100th Lamborghini from one our our super yachts.

1) I'm a technical analyst, that's not dumb money.

2) Just because you have money does not mean you should go and spend it. This is why lottery winners and sport celebrities often end their money making streak in bankruptcy.

3) PS, if you're already thinking like that you're already defected. A statement closes the mind, a question opens it... what can I do different?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Does this mean if the FTSE is still (as it has been now for weeks) in the +/- 6000 area you'll finally STFU about the markets crashing?
                  No.

You're welcome to avoid reading threads I start. But something tells me resistance is futile.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    I imagine it would need to fall quite a long way (below 5500?), in the next month or so, for him not to lose the entire $250,000.
                    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 3 September 2020, 07:19.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      I imagine it would need to fall quite a long way (below 5500?), in the next month or so, for him not to lose the entire $250,000.
                      If it's in your imagination, is it still a loss?

Comment

Working...
                      X