• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    If it's in your imagination, is it still a loss?
    Does a tree, falling alone in the forest, make any sound?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Does a tree, falling alone in the forest, make any sound?
      Not if you put it on 'Ignore'.

Comment

FTSE is rising and scooty's networth is falling

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          It will still be bouncing off the 6000 resistance .. showing a 100% certainty of an imminent drop to 4500.

See.. saved him the trouble of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Not if you put it on 'Ignore'.
            Whilst i have Scooty on ignore, if someone replies to him and quotes him I still see his drivel .... so he's not completely ignored, but enough that I'm not constantly spilling my coffee as I laugh at him
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

See I told yah. Resistance is futile. He can't help himself to read my top notch quality thread.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Isn't he claiming he has a Put Option? So all that is at risk is the premium (plus any commission)? Of course, we don't know what the premium and commission is on a £250k bet (I know, I'm pretending he really has this trade).

Aren't Puts time-bound (even though Scooty claims he doesn't try to time the market!)? So if the FTSE doesn't hit the Scooty magical number of 4500 (or whatever) he will definitely be in loss. Or, as he says, -ve gain
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Isn't he claiming he has a Put Option? So all that is at risk is the premium (plus any commission)? Of course, we don't know what the premium and commission is on a £250k bet (I know, I'm pretending he really has this trade).

Aren't Puts time-bound (even though Scooty claims he doesn't try to time the market!)? So if the FTSE doesn't hit the Scooty magical number of 4500 (or whatever) he will definitely be in loss. Or, as he says, -ve gain
                  He says he's bought $250,000 of put options.

Those options will have a strike price for the FTSE eg. 5500. They will also have an expiry date eg. 31 Oct 2020.

In this example, unless the FTSE is below 5500 on 31 Oct, the options will expire worthless (total loss of $250,000). Just to break even (get the $250,000 back), the FTSE would have to fall quite a way under 5500.

He says the options have already lost $75,000. So they are now only worth $175,000. If the FTSE stays around 6000, then the rate of decline will accelerate as the option expiry date gets nearer.

Bottom line: he's risking a total loss of $250,000
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    He says he's bought $250,000 of put options.

Those options will have a strike price for the FTSE eg. 5500. They will also have an expiry date eg. 31 Oct 2020.

In this example, unless the FTSE is below 5500 on 31 Oct, the options will expire worthless (total loss of $250,000). Just to break even (get the $250,000 back), the FTSE would have to fall quite a way under 5500.

He says the options have already lost $75,000. So they are now only worth $175,000. If the FTSE stays around 6000, then the rate of decline will accelerate as the option expiry date gets nearer.

Bottom line: he's risking a total loss of $250,000
                    The fact that people are speculating on what he bought (or, in his words, negatively sold) and he's not telling people when they ask, tells me he's telling porkies (or, in his words, negative beefies).

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                      It will still be bouncing off the 6000 resistance .. showing a 100% certainty of an imminent drop to 4500.

See.. saved him the trouble of posting.
                      It has to test resistance levels first.

Comment

Working...
                      X