• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If the markets were oversold prior to news of the pandemic they'd not have moved an inch.

If the crash in March was the result of Covid, why now are the markets reaching an all time high in the face of worsening conditions? Mass unemployment?
    Can't your charts answer the "why"?

Here's another one for you to go figure.

Prior to the pandemic, Silver was trading around $18. In March, it crashed to $12. It's now $27.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      They were forward looking in March too, numbnuts. They were forward looking to the impending doom. Now they are forward looking to the impending boom from infinite central bank loosening, reconfirmed on Thursday when the Fed announced fuzzy inflation targeting.
      For someone who claims to know about markets and investing, Scooty doesn't even understand the simplest of facets of how markets work. He is so fixed on his rear looking graphs that he is snow-blind to looking forwards.

One does wonder how he gets through each day if his expectations of today is based on what happened last week
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

September is going to be a beautiful month. I'm sure we'll have ourselves another lockdown to keep you guys happy.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

September is going to be a beautiful month. I'm sure we'll have ourselves another lockdown to keep you guys happy.
          Wasn't August going to be the 'beautiful' month? And before that July? Come on mate ... keep calling them and you might get one right soon

Then again, maybe not
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm liking your new style.. Call it beautiful so if everything goes up it's beautiful and we make money, if it goes down it's beautiful because you called it. You might get something right here.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Wasn't August going to be the 'beautiful' month? And before that July? Come on mate ... keep calling them and you might get one right soon

Then again, maybe not

Certainly was, sold my trade at a 50% gain.

September the Put is gonna deliver, I can feel it.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Certainly was, sold my trade at a 50% gain.

September the Put is gonna deliver, I can feel it.
                What’s the Put strike price and what put option do you have on it?

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
                  What’s the Put strike price and what put option do you have on it?
                  Spent `~$250k setting it up, has bled somewhat since as time continues to flow. FTSE needs to fall below 4500 for me to win big.

Comment

Spent `~$250k setting it up, has bled somewhat since as time continues to flow. FTSE needs to fall below 4500 for me to win big.
                    That will be a long wait.

Comment

$250k to set up the PUT? I doubt many will believe you.

Anyway, over what time period? I’m assuming a long time?

Comment

Working...
                      X