• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Wrong how?

The monthly chart remains bearish AF. Trending to 4000 for months now. Fill yer boots by all means if you believe it will go the other direction.

Be honest. You’ve a PUT and not a SHORT on the FTSE.. you have no idea.

We all know that only a fool would use charts in a time of.. ermm lets see..

Global Pandemic
    Brexit
    US elections
    US vs China trade tensions
    Fed massive quantitive easing.

Behave on the chart stuff. Its fine if you’re a day trader as the market makers use similar algorithms.

OMFG.. head and shoulders on a rising stock = reversal.. sell sell.

Markets are rigged. Market makers can see the orders on the books. They can see all those 10% stops they can trigger and buy all the stock that x has told y on the golf course about. Bunch of crooks.

Time in the market, not timing the market.

Preserve your capital, don’t get greedy, spread the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Be honest. You’ve a PUT and not a SHORT on the FTSE.. you have no idea.

We all know that only a fool would use charts in a time of.. ermm lets see..

Global Pandemic
      Brexit
      US elections
      US vs China trade tensions
      Fed massive quantitive easing.

Behave on the chart stuff. Its fine if you’re a day trader as the market makers use similar algorithms.

OMFG.. head and shoulders on a rising stock = reversal.. sell sell.

Markets are rigged. Market makers can see the orders on the books. They can see all those 10% stops they can trigger and buy all the stock that x has told y on the golf course about. Bunch of crooks.

Time in the market, not timing the market.

Preserve your capital, don’t get greedy, spread the risk.
      Aaah, you weren't around when he claimed the sell off in March had nothing to do with covid?
      Last edited by TheGreenBastard; 28 August 2020, 14:43.

Comment

If anyone is interested in a sentiment based "predictor" of the S&P 500 I found this.

http://www.alternative-analytics.eu/...sentiment.html
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

The volatility/VIX one is interesting, seems that data isn't really useful to back-train a trading algo because the sentiment in the different mediums correlates strongly to the index, just with a time lag, i.e. the market is ahead of the news cycle (to be useful this would need to be reversed).

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Aaah, you weren't around when he claimed the sell off in March had nothing to do with covid?
            This was my favourite

He's since started stating that the markets are impacted by what's happening in the world, a direct opposite of what he was saying back in March. He is fookin hilarious
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              I'm sure he thinks that Covid was caused by the sell-off.

Comment

If the markets were oversold prior to news of the pandemic they'd not have moved an inch.

If the crash in March was the result of Covid, why now are the markets reaching an all time high in the face of worsening conditions? Mass unemployment?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If the crash in March was the result of Covid, why now are the markets reaching an all time high in the face of worsening conditions? Mass unemployment?
                  Central banks and forward looking markets, you tremendous thicko.

Comment

So now the markets are forward looking rather than reactionary as in March?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So now the markets are forward looking rather than reactionary as in March?
                      They were forward looking in March too, numbnuts. They were forward looking to the impending doom. Now they are forward looking to the impending boom from infinite central bank loosening, reconfirmed on Thursday when the Fed announced fuzzy inflation targeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X