• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Personality of the Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Please tell me you are joking? Bravery?

She was born with a silver spoon in every orafice. What exactly has she had to do.

I'm very good mates with Dave Phelps who won Gold @ Melbourne Commonwealth Games. He worked in a Tesco ffs and had to pay his way as did 95% of the athletes out there.
    She was born into money but as far as I am aware that doesn't make you any good and it doesn't prevent you being killed if a sodding great big horse goes arse over tip and lands on you - its happened to quite a few. I know something about her sport and know how skilled, athletic and focused you have to be just to stay on the buggers never mind being a world champion (saying that, it's the best fun you can have with your clothes on ).

Trust me the lady is brilliant. Or are you saying that being rich means you have to be rubbish? Several of the lads and lasses on this board may disagree with you

I know that there are very talented athletes that have to work 'serious' jobs to help them get to the top. I don't mean to take anything away from them and I'm not trying to denegrate their achievements, but it doesn't make them any more (or less) worthy of recognition than Zara Phillips.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

it probably has more to do with the good old english knocking machine in action. Because she is rich means she cant possibly be any good at anything!

And as for that tweddle chick, she has te awesome body. Surely that makes up a lot for what the face lacks?

Mailman

Comment

Oh dear!

Did you see the thunderous look on Darren Clarke's face though?
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
          Oh dear!

Did you see the thunderous look on Darren Clarke's face though?
          Do you watch much golf? He always looks thunderous!

And being in a non-smoking studio won't have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            Please tell me you are joking? Bravery?

She was born with a silver spoon in every orafice. What exactly has she had to do.

I'm very good mates with Dave Phelps who won Gold @ Melbourne Commonwealth Games. He worked in a Tesco ffs and had to pay his way as did 95% of the athletes out there.

Eventing is a hideously expensive sport at the top level, and not much cheaper lower down the scale, I know, I used to do it to county level.

It's bloody dangerous and bloody hard work. Your riding the best part of half a ton of gee'd up animal that has a mind of it's own and doesnt always agree with you on the best way to go or even if it wants go at all and all of that at around 30-35 miles an hour. Start jumping some *big* fences on the way and you'll either cack yourself or finish with a huge grin on your face depending on your mentality

Zara Philips is sponsored by Land Rover for a very large sum of money all of which is used to enable her to actually compete at the top level. Very few individuals can afford to do with their own money, Royal or not, and the returns are not good even if you win consistantly.

The only reason Land Rover do sponsor her is beacuase she is good. If she wasn't they would'nt and she would not be competeing at all.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

So the good old British public went for the fittest bird on the list.

Well, I would, anyway. (Not if Tindall was there, though, I hasten to add...)
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X