• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greedy boomers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    The simple fact of the matter is if you want to own your own home early on in life you need to
    1) Work hard at school, get decent qualifications
    2) get a job
    3) Make sacrifices to save up for a deposit
    4) buy a house

So yes unsurprisingly getting pregnant at 16 and then not working a day in your life may mean that you will never own you own home. Who would have though that?

I think the actual problem is snowflakes and millennials feel they are entitled to a house and all the other luxuries modern life has to offer - wake up call you are not.

Until I start seeing millennials without iPhone's, golf's on personal contract hire, stupid expensive beards and haircuts, 100 dollar trainers, 2 grand mac books, 4 quids worth of mochachocochino then I simply will not give a fook about their whinging tulip
    Blimey lots of food here.

I agree the social housing needs to be reviewed, getting a council house is like winning the lottery financially. They won't take it off you.

The tories did force mothers on benefit back to work which has stopped some more babies for benefit and improved the outcomes for their children.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It was all Old Tory men's fault though....

or it was actually probably Blair and his magic money tree to fund the war in Iraq whilst simultaneously opening the door to 10000000 of migrants, giving them money from the magic money tree to ensure they voted labour.......

or something similar anyway....
      we let them do it.

The cause is clear but we were unable to talk about it because of racism smears.

Comment

Greedy boomers

Let me address one point raised here.

Teenage pregnancy rates are falling.

Many are having kids later, because they can’t afford to have them earlier after student debts, housing deposits etc.

Quite a sad state of affairs really, but WGAF?
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

In Germany most people don't own their own home, but you know what, they're not miserable.

Anton Kreil has a good take on this, sensible people don't buy, they rent.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Let me address one point raised here.

Teenage pregnancy rates are falling.

Many are having kids later, because they can’t afford to have them earlier after student debts, housing deposits etc.

Quite a sad state of affairs really, but WGAF?
            Yes the productive members of society are creating fewer productive babies.

There have been changes to dissuade Benefit Babies.

Build more houses have fewer people wanting them.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Yes the productive members of society are creating fewer productive babies.

There have been changes to dissuade Benefit Babies.

Build more houses have fewer people wanting them.
              and then invite or allow literally millions of immigrants in to the country, so the housing shortage can be renewed and made worse than ever. Brilliant!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                In Germany most people don't own their own home, but you know what, they're not miserable.

Anton Kreil has a good take on this, sensible people don't buy, they rent.
                if rent were at 1980 levels then possibly he has a point. Currently they are 50% of take home for lots of people.

We have lived in a large house for the last 25 years rental for each of them would be £1200 - £2500 a month. I have always paid less that £1K a month in mortgage etc. Yes there is a maintenance cost but its fairly low and you can have the house how YOU like. You don't have to compromise on safety or convenience to please the landlord.

You can have parties & pets.

in a few years I will have paid off our small mortgage and be able to live rent free. This makes a comfortable retirement much closer. I know the government will want it when I am dead but I won't care!

Strangely all the multimillionaires I know own their homes.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  and then invite or allow literally millions of immigrants in to the country, so the housing shortage can be renewed and made worse than ever. Brilliant!
                  I didn't ask for that, I campaigned against it and was called racist. Maybe some of these youngsters who keep telling us these oldies ruined it for them could get off their ARS and do something about it?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    This country relies on high property prices to keep the economy going.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The simple fact of the matter is if you want to own your own home early on in life you need to
                      1) Work hard at school, get decent qualifications
                      2) get a job
                      3) Make sacrifices to save up for a deposit
                      4) buy a house

So yes unsurprisingly getting pregnant at 16 and then not working a day in your life may mean that you will never own you own home. Who would have though that?

I think the actual problem is snowflakes and millennials feel they are entitled to a house and all the other luxuries modern life has to offer - wake up call you are not.

Until I start seeing millennials without iPhone's, golf's on personal contract hire, stupid expensive beards and haircuts, 100 dollar trainers, 2 grand mac books, 4 quids worth of mochachocochino then I simply will not give a fook about their whinging tulip
                      You should write for the Mail - The comments section, where you'd be right at home with the other out-of-touch old buffers huffing and puffing about "the young of today"

All that BS about saving and making sacrifices is utterly futile these days, when wages for nearly all young people are stagnant, rents take at least half their income anyway (making it even more impossible to save), and house prices are fifteen times average annual salary (except in a few remote obscure places with practically no employment)

I'm absolutely with Purple Gorilla on all this. But the irony is most young people are convinced Corbyn & co will be their salvation when in fact by relaxing immigration controls, solely for party political advantage, he will end up making their problems now and in the future immeasurably worse.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X