• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

November Budget - Stop Public sector IR35 rules coming into the Private sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
    Not being nitpicky and I get the gist but it's a bit ...confusing...
    Edited for clarity (I hope)
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Edited for clarity (I hope)
      Cheers dude, that's gone into my thick skull now.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I thought it was a little ambiguous on that. I couldn’t tell whether the second paragraph was talking about the private sector rollout or additional rules in the PS (in terms of not rushing). I assume it’s the former, in which case a consultation, followed by implementation in 2019, does seem to be what they’re alluding to.
        So we should all complete the consultation and ask for the Taylor report recommendations to be implemented and nothing else. That would mean we can easily be exempt though we would need to pick our words carefully to help ensure it happens.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

IR35 hasn't and won't change who determines your status will/may. If the client decides your inside correctly or incorrectly your stuffed. If your outside now and get deemed inside it maybe best to leave asap especially if you've had your feet under the table for more than 2 years even if you've been operating correctly. If they come calling you'll have difficulty arguing why you were outside for X years but are now inside.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            So we should all complete the consultation and ask for the Taylor report recommendations to be implemented and nothing else. That would mean we can easily be exempt though we would need to pick our words carefully to help ensure it happens.
            There may be some scope to influence the process where normally there would be none, due to the weakness of HMG. Ordinarily, these consultations are pretty worthless.

In that vein, this was an interesting read. It sounds as though they’ve backed away from the changes to VAT. Unfortunately, rolling out the PS rules is a comparatively easy sell.

Comment

It’s almost as if the vat story was there to be removed Once it had made the ir35 (and other changes) seem more acceptable than they would otherwise have been
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

MoO = who pays for the cock up?
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  It’s almost as if the vat story was there to be removed Once it had made the ir35 (and other changes) seem more acceptable than they would otherwise have been
                  Ha! I thought exactly the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    MoO = who pays for the cock up?
                    No.

MoO = does the client have to offer work, and do you have to accept it.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The wording to MPs should be about making taxation fair - that would strike a chord with the public. If the great unwashed feel we're simply wanting to pay less tax, they'll leave us to hang. If, however, the message is that we want all contractors to be paying the correct level of tax and the current implementation of the legislation isn't allowing for that, they'll be more accepting of it. Similarly Labour MPs will be more accepting if they think they've got a chance of getting in power and then faced with a shedload of multi-thousand pound tax rebates.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X