• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Attack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Unless a Muslim person is involved...
    20+ killed in a mass shooting in Texas.
    No thread on here yet with links to the Daily Mail.
    No call to action from Donald Trump.
    Makes you wonder.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Makes you wonder.
      Yank guy just posted this on an unrelated forum about the latest shooting;

"White guy probably groomed and given psychedelic drugs by a rogue FBI agent. Yet another Obama holdover stirring up trouble."

Jesus....

Comment

Makes you wonder.
        Lone wolf. Nothing to see.

But isn't that the point of General? A safe space where cretins can abuse sexual harassment victims and spout their bile without being troubled by you know what.

Comment

Makes you wonder.
          Even the onion just repeat the same article changing the location...
          https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1820163660
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Makes you wonder.
            The report on the BBC says a citizen engaged the perp causing him to flee. Perp later found dead having crashed his car.

I wonder what the US law stance will be if it's found the citizen killed the perp? The argument for citizens to be armed is for just such a situation so will be interesting to see if the citizen is seen as a hero and not charged. I expect the NRA will be out in glee at their policy working.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

"White guy probably groomed and given psychedelic drugs by a rogue FBI agent. Yet another Obama holdover stirring up trouble."

Jesus....
              When I go over to Vegas it's surprising how much of this type of stuff you hear at the poker tables. What's strange is how some of the others will actually engage the person making these outlandish claims in serious conversation over it. Obviously the majority will roll their eyes and attempt to bust him out to get rid. Still surprising how 'acceptable' it appears to be to make these statements and actually enter in to a discussion about it.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

But isn't that the point of General? A safe space where cretins can abuse sexual harassment victims and spout their bile without being troubled by you know what.
                You tell Us!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Jesus....
                  Saw one on face book claiming it was another leftie attack on democracy and linked to the "attempted assassination" of Rep. Senator Rand Paul, by his next door neighbour while he was mowing his lawn.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Christians who Kill

Trump has asserted that this was not a 'guns situation', no, once again it was ' a very deranged individual with a lot of problems over a very long period of time'

(so how could he get hold of guns then? This is a guy court martialled and given a bad conduct discharge for violence against his wife and child, apparently this is no impediment to his constitutional right to tool up - he had no problem at all legally acquiring 4 guns).

*It wasn't a 'guns issue', but :

somebody else had a gun that was shooting in the opposite direction, otherwise it wouldn’t have been as bad as it was, it would have been much worse.

Trump’s defence of the retaliatory use of use of guns echoed comments made earlier by the Texas attorney general. American churches should be “arming some of the parishioners” or hiring “professional security”, Republican Ken Paxton*told Fox News in an interview hours after the shootings*at Sutherland Springs First Baptist Church. “It’s going to happen again.”

If more churchgoers were armed “there’s always the opportunity that the gunman will be taken out before he has the opportunity to kill very many people”, Paxton said.

The Texas governor, Greg Abbott, said on Sunday: “There are so many families who have lost family members, and it occurred in a church, in a place of worship. That’s where these people were mown down. We mourn their loss.”

Two years ago, Abbott lamented that the state’s population were not buying enough guns. “I’m EMBARRASSED: Texas #2 in nation for new gun purchases, behind CALIFORNIA. Let’s pick up the pace Texans @NRA,”*he tweeted*in October 2015.
                    The answer is clear: an M1 semi-automatic behind every altar. I reckin that's just what Jesus meant to say ….
                    Last edited by pjclarke; 6 November 2017, 20:03.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Makes you wonder.
                      Chap argues with mother-out-law. I have done it several times.

Big difference is I have no access to guns.

There will be another mass shooting in the USA soon. And a white USA policeman will shoot an unarmed black guy.

Trump is mad.....

Comment

Working...
                      X