• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend thread

What are you doing?

I hope to drive over the new Mersey Gateway bridge which opens at 1 minute past midnight tonight.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What are you doing?

I hope to drive over the new Mersey Gateway bridge which opens at 1 minute past midnight tonight.

Mersey

Liverpool

you best buy some of these beforehand

Milan.

Comment

Thank for asking

Tonight I have a date night with Mrs MUN! Which should be fun.

Tomorrow:

Take kids to gymnastics, take kids to friend's birthday party. Take kids home and watch a family movie before putting them to bed.

Then probably do some work on a role playing game I am running for a friend. He wants a Resident Evil style game and I have the basic plotline in my head which I am happy with. I just need to add in a few twists and turns and sort out some NPC and make some handouts which can be handed to the players as clues etc.

Sunday:

Take kids and wife to church. I might nip outside and go for a run or do some bodyweight exercises ... or just nap ... I will probably just nap. In the afternoon I have a 4 hour fight training sesssion so lots of sword and shield combat action, I might use my poleaxe too. Then get home as some friends are coming over so will probably have a take away and a few beers.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Whenever I go I prefer it to London. The people are far nicer.

Liverpool had a bad time at the end of the slave trade. If only that had ben kept going....

Comment

TFA

Tomorrow, not much, maybe buying a telly (Probably the Panasonic TX58EX750B). Our local Italian in Eastleigh beckons with friends in the evening.

Sunday I am doing my RYA VHF certification course down at Southampton and hopefully coming home as a licensed VHF operator.

Andy
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Liverpool had a bad time at the end of the slave trade. If only that had ben kept going....
            I hear there are a few establishments around the area where you can rent yourself a modern day slave. About £60 for half an hour.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Whenever I go I prefer it to London. The people are far nicer.

Something I had to check is why Liver(bird) is pronounced differently to Liver(building).

The words are same spelling but different origins.

Liver(pool) was once called Lerpoole. A fishing port developed by King John to carry his troops to Ireland.

Liver(bird) was once Laver Bird. Laver was a name for seaweed. The original city seal contained an eagle but was lost. The copy was done so badly it was thought to be a Cormorant with seaweed in its mouth - they used seaweed to build nests.

Comment

Heading off up to Scotland with SB04 & SB06 and 2 of their mates to see the Mighty Invincible Hoops beat Dundee.........interspersed with various stop-off points to get a few ales aboard.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Heading off up to Scotland with SB04 & SB06 and 2 of their mates to see the Mighty Invincible Hoops beat Dundee.........interspersed with various stop-off points to get a few ales aboard.

There’s also ice hockey at braehead if you want additional wonton violence
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFA

Arrived in sunny Scotland late Wednesday evening.
                    WFOH yesterday and today.
                    Last night went to see Bladerunnder 2049.
                    Off to see The Snowman at some point (not the one with Aled Jones singing).
                    Then it's drinking, eating, and generally having a chilled weekend before I come home late Sunday evening.

Comment

Working...
                    X