• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best coffee maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely you should be an expert in coffee, Beans?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Surely you should be an expert in coffee, Beans?
      Wrong type:

Urban Dictionary: Milanese beans

Comment

Good Afternoon Xog,

not yet

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

FFS, I had gnocchi the other evening. No, not like that. Greenflag don't you dare!

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

Liking the reviews for this one...

qh
            Looks like good reviews, the only thing I don't like about it is you have to order the filter papers, but I'm lazy. The one I have and some others have a gold lined mesh filter that you just clean under the tap. But I guess you have to clean it and I'm lazy so I'm now trying to work out whats more effort, buying and fitting paper filters or washing the filter.

Lucky I actually do have coffee in the machine now, so im going to think about this over a brew.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Liking the reviews for this one...

qh
              Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Looks like good reviews, the only thing I don't like about it is you have to order the filter papers, but I'm lazy. The one I have and some others have a gold lined mesh filter that you just clean under the tap. But I guess you have to clean it and I'm lazy so I'm now trying to work out whats more effort, buying and fitting paper filters or washing the filter.

Lucky I actually do have coffee in the machine now, so im going to think about this over a brew.
              That's the filter machine I got (OK a slightly more expenisve version). It's disappointing.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                That's the filter machine I got (OK a slightly more expenisve version). It's disappointing.
                In depth review, it's disappointing.

Comment

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/4/5810...33e_z.jpg?zz=1

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    You can buy them but pods are just wrong. Bean to cup is super easy because you just press a button in the morning without loading it first. You have to be pretty fussy to worry about your beans being in the container for a few days.

Having said all that, I received one of these as a gift many years ago and it works perfectly well and is still going strong. I might upgrade one day, but will continue to use it as long as it works. If I'm going to be in a hurry in the morning, I fill it up the night before.

One of these at home and an Aeropress at clientco works for me.

Comment

I absolutely prefer filter papers over washing a filter. Coffee grounds are amazingly resilient to being rinsed away.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X