• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best coffee maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I absolutely prefer filter papers over washing a filter. Coffee grounds are amazingly resilient to being rinsed away.
    http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/comp...-gardening.htm

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I absolutely prefer filter papers over washing a filter. Coffee grounds are amazingly resilient to being rinsed away.
      Gold lined metal filter sounds cooler though.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Gold lined metal filter sounds cooler though.
        Especially if disposable.

Comment

Aeropress.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
            Aeropress.
            Seems to be a more fiddly version of a standard French Press?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

suityou02
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Bean to cup only works if you can store your beans properly to keep them fresh (or you drink so much that a pack of beans only lasts a couple of days)

I didn’t want a pod system for ages, preferring a moka pot on the cooker or a cafetière, but with a pod you can make a great coffee in a few minutes with little effort and little tidying up to do afterwards. Fresh, tasty coffee quickly.
                I’ve tried different flavours and have settled on three different ones. My wife likes decaf and she has two different flavours.
                Every so often we try others, but you only need to buy a pack of 10 to see if you like them.
                3rd party pods are also out there, so you can reduce your cost from 30p a cup to 25p if you want. It’s still less than a can of coke.
                Hooray! I agree you 100% for the reasons you've given. The taste combined with convenience is hard to beat.
                Also if it's good enough for the Italians its more than good enough for me, the pod shops in Italy are full of people buying loads of them.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  suityou02

Comment

If you had any brains you would have asked this on a dedicated Coffee Maker forum, anyway try the Aero Press, makes a strong coffee without much faf.

Comment

I used to have a Gaggia.

In terms of what to do with old coffee grounds, you can turn them into slow-burn logs - they kick out a good amount of heat and a nice aroma.
                      Great for protecting plants against slugs and snails.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X