• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Catalonia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    How does that make voters trespassers?
    Depends which agent of the state you are.

In this case the police decided they were, while the headteacher (and whoever else) who manages the school grounds decided they weren't.

Ultimately we leave it to judges to decide who is right.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Catalonia independence referendum: Police and voters hurt as Madrid tries to stop 'illegal' vote | The Independent

Catalan emergency services said 38 people were hurt, mostly with minor injuries, as a result of police action.

Eleven police officers were also hurt
      OK so over 2 million people cast their vote without being beaten up. 38 people were hurt with minor injuries. So how die the Police officers get injured ? perhaps they tripped over a defenceless old woman while they were beating her up.

Strikes me a lot of "Daily Express" outrage for obvious reasons.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Depends which agent of the state you are.

In this case the police decided they were, while the headteacher (and whoever else) who manages the school grounds decided they weren't.

Ultimately we leave it to judges to decide who is right.
        So are you saying that the police response against voters arose from a police view that voters were committing trespass on state property (schools) even though no complaint had been made? What about those who were stood queuing off the property?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Yeah, actually you're right AND, this is deffo proportionate - right?
          <3 pictures with no context>
          Could be, within the strictures of Spanish law. It depends what story you want to make. It's in the interests of the pro-independence folk to claim policy brutality, it's in the interests of the Spanish government to say it was proportionate. Who knows what the actual truth is?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nice report about a lady protester who had her breasts fondled in custody.

NLyUK - no need to hurry over there. She then had her fingers broken one by one.

Civilization ends at Dover. Thank God we are leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Yeah, actually you're right AND, this is deffo proportionate - right?
              At no point have I said the response was proportionate, appropriate or even justified
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                So are you saying that the police response against voters arose from a police view that voters were committing trespass on state property (schools) even though no complaint had been made? What about those who were stood queuing off the property?
                There does not need to be a complaint for a crime to have taken place
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Could be, within the strictures of Spanish law. It depends what story you want to make. It's in the interests of the pro-independence folk to claim policy brutality, it's in the interests of the Spanish government to say it was proportionate. Who knows what the actual truth is?

Cmon.....

Take your pic from here

Or here

So, I wonder which alternative point of view we're missing for this;
                  Last edited by Bean; 2 October 2017, 10:50.
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    There does not need to be a complaint for a crime to have taken place
                    But there does need to be a crime! Show me the law that was broken.

Comment

At no point have I said the response was proportionate, appropriate or even justified
                      At no point did you say the opposite either....

also disobeying a lawful request from an officer, as much as we like to think of the worse case scenario I would assume the protesters were asked/told to leave before being beaten

I've highlighted you implied agreement - the end of that sentence would have been the time to say, "but that's still not proportionate", but ya didn't, adding to the strength of the implication
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X