• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    one day off hasn't improved YOUR mood then
    I'm guessing he's got all these replies in a wordpad he needs to cut and paste in.

Comment

My son is 22 and a shiit hot guitarist, i've posted his stuff here before, he can also look at musical notation and just play it.

And his mates go - 'It's not fair you can play guitar and read music, you're dead lucky...'

Err, what about studying it for yonks and practising scales for hours on end, days on end etc...

In fact, I'll post one of his again....

Sean, my lad, ages 17 at the time, bringing to you his lead cover of Anastasia by Guns 'n' Roses but his bit is the Slash bit. Back story is it was a comp. to win Slashes guitar but in the end he didn't win cos it was only open to US folks. And Slash is from Stoke!

Comment

Now you’ve got me stumped. Looks like a bourbon burst LP, but I don’t recognise the pickups. Is it custom?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My son is 22 and a shiit hot guitarist
          Envious. Recently dug my guitar out the old attic for about the 5th time in 50 years. Don't think I'll ever get beyond total crap phase.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            one day off hasn't improved YOUR mood then
            It's PC innit........
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              My son is 22 and a shiit hot guitarist, i've posted his stuff here before, he can also look at musical notation and just play it.
              I played music for decades as a lad but had to work hard at it so gave it up. We had a guy in the student houses that could play anything by humming it a bit to himself and then just fired in. It's an amazing skill. No idea if it's not hard as it looks because it's a chord set but who cares. It's crazy to watch.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                My mum is my CoSec (like you, it was needed back in the day). I never took her down the bank when opening accounts. I don't think she was even required to sign anything for the bank.

Busted! I don't remember if he had to sign anything and probably only took him just in case, after not remembering the time before if it needed two to sign when opening my first Ltd and bank account.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Now you’ve got me stumped. Looks like a bourbon burst LP, but I don’t recognise the pickups. Is it custom?
                  I honestly cant renember, its a proper Gibson LP, think its a Studio. Not heavy tho like they used to be, had a Yammy SG2000 and the strap used to cut into my neck it was that heavy.

Never a fan of the LP shape....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I honestly cant renember, its a proper Gibson LP, think its a Studio. Not heavy tho like they used to be, had a Yammy SG2000 and the strap used to cut into my neck it was that heavy.

Never a fan of the LP shape....
                    I’m not a fan of the shape either, prefer strats, but I’m also moving towards the 335 style.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I played music for decades as a lad but had to work hard at it so gave it up. We had a guy in the student houses that could play anything by humming it a bit to himself and then just fired in. It's an amazing skill. No idea if it's not hard as it looks because it's a chord set but who cares. It's crazy to watch.
                      I know someone like that. You can hum something to him and he will start playing it. It's fecking freaky.

I also know and am related to musicians of various abilities so know one I know comes out with tulip that "you are lucky to be able to play like that".
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X