• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Have you considered that it was always halal anyway due to where they source it from, and they're simply labelling it as such now for clarity?
    what?
    it was always halal ? since when ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      what?
      it was always halal ? since when ?
      AndyW, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        what i find astonishing that for a muslim population of 5% , 95% of people have to bend over backwards
        we are left with no choice but to eat halal food.
        where is the freedom of choice ?
        You try finding a non halal vegetable.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Apparently asking that question makes you a racist intolerant bigot - according to the twaterati on this board anyway.
          The causal relationship is the other way round. Broadly speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            His mum lets him play Civ5 on Sundays if he tidies his room, if that's what you mean.
            what's wrong with playing civ?
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The causal relationship is the other way round. Broadly speaking.
              Maybe an atheist would be offended by having to eat food which has gone through a religious blessing?

Is that a legitimate reason to believe there should be a choice?

Comment

You try finding a non halal vegetable.
                Indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  what's wrong with playing civ?
                  In itself thing nothing. Original pm's understanding of economic and politics is derived entirely from civ5.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    If they didn't label it as such, how would you know and would you care?

Have you considered that it was always halal anyway due to where they source it from, and they're simply labelling it as such now for clarity?
                    Or even perhaps that halal is less cruel than the alternative. It is kind of the point.

Me. I don't give a flying ch*ff. I just hate bigots, ****wits and *****.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Maybe an atheist would be offended by having to eat food which has gone through a religious blessing?

Is that a legitimate reason to believe there should be a choice?
                      There is always some social justice warrior virtue signalling on behalf of the professional offence takers.

In any case. There is a choice. I am sure a vegetarian option is available if it is so offensive. Nobody has to eat the food.

Comment

Working...
                      X