• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    There is always some social justice warrior virtue signalling on behalf of the professional offence takers.

In any case. There is a choice. I am sure a vegetarian option is available if it is so offensive. Nobody has to eat the food.
    So as there is no physical difference between halal and non halal meat then everyone can eat non halal meat then?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Maybe an atheist would be offended by having to eat food which has gone through a religious blessing?

Is that a legitimate reason to believe there should be a choice?
      atheists don't get offended about that sort of thing

in general atheists don't get offended, or care if someone is

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So as there is no physical difference between halal and non halal meat then everyone can eat non halal meat then?
        Hang on. You believe people are actually being forced to eat halal meat. We should explore this. Tell us more about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          atheists don't get offended about that sort of thing

in general atheists don't get offended, or care if someone is

It would be a tricky business because you would never know if someone had popped into a supermarket and prayed to a god to bless or curse all the food in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            It would be a tricky business because you would never know if someone had popped into a supermarket and prayed to a god to bless or curse all the food in the shop.
            I bless all the food I see in every supermarket I go to.
            Please don't ask me how exactly I 'bless' the food as I don't need another ASBO.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              We're going to meet the headmaster of the school to discuss this. I don't expect much to come of it - having read up on the issue it appears that much of the UK has succumbed to serving halal food in schools. I guess this is the way the country is going.

I will put one thing straight:

Halal killings are cruel. If that's what your religion makes you believe is correct, then so be it. But don't force that down my throat. And if a school or any other public establishment feels it is necessary to serve halal food, then then should also serve un-halal meat. Why pander to one specific religion? Either pander to them all or bow down to none.
              Will you be pushing for the school to buy meat that is not certified as halal, or meat that has a specific certification that the animals were not ritually slaughtered?

Comment

Halal meat is really from an animal that has been killed in a cruel way. We should stop the practice and make it illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Halal meat is really from an animal that has been killed in a cruel way. We should stop the practice and make it illegal.
                  Even if pre stunned?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Go veggie.

Or kill your meat yourself.

Factory farming isn't humane full stop.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Go veggie.

Or kill your meat yourself.

Factory farming isn't humane full stop.
                      Why should I? There are regulations about how an animal should be treated and killed.

We make an exception for some daft religion which results in a poor animal struggling to stand while suffering from blood loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X