• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal tulipe food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A non-political, non-religious organisation:
    https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/slaughter
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      Seems that you're selectively reading posts before responding.

Let me repeat:
      My problem is around the forced decision to feed all children Halal meat in my kid's school. I don't care if you eat Halal or not; I care that my child is not being allowed a choice of non-Halal meat alongside the Halal option.

And if it isn't a problem, then why label the meat at all? Can't you just accept that the label says "chicken with rice". Does it HAVE to say "Halal chicken with rice" ?
      you still haven't answered my question about the child's choice.

Are you going to give your child the choice about whether you go and see the headmaster?

Or do you not actually give a f*** about the child's choice?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Some are. Are you suggesting that is not true?
        There are people that are uncomfortable with certain aspects of the Muslim faith.

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        By concentrating of the general welfare of animals in slaughter houses, people are picking on the segment of the supply chain where they can bash Muslims (even on CUK people generally stop at bashing Jewish people). If animal welfare was the genuine concern, we would also see people discussing going to the school headteacher to demand free range meat, eggs and dairy products. Or do you really think it is just one big coincidence that Halal is the focus? Wise up, man - you're not one of the idiots.
        In this case, I'd go more for the fact it's been implemented in a school - presumably not a Muslim one. I'd say that if you sign your child up to a school of a particular religion or none then such sensitive outside influences certainly shouldn't be part of the school's decision-making process. As far as I can see the school has either made this choice on cost grounds (ie not to offer both) or to avoid offence. Either way, I'd be unhappy not because of the particular religion, but because it has influenced the school's decision on its canteen policy.

Comment

Let me repeat:
          My problem is around the forced decision to feed all children Halal meat in my kid's school. I don't care if you eat Halal or not; I care that my child is not being allowed a choice of non-Halal meat alongside the Halal option.

And if it isn't a problem, then why label the meat at all? Can't you just accept that the label says "chicken with rice". Does it HAVE to say "Halal chicken with rice" ?
          Seems you’ve been selectively providing “information”.

1. You child is not being force fed. (Apart from maybe force fed bigotry and hatred by it’s father)
          2. First you say the problem is the meat, now you say the problem is that the meat is labelled. 3 pages into a thread and you change your complaint from being about the meat to what is written on a label.

So, let me ask you a simple question: What is your problem with halal meat?
          You’ve explained that you religiously believe that your child should not have to eat halal meat, I would like to understand what your problem is with halal meat.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            A non-political, non-religious organisation:
            https://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaign/slaughter
            2 interesting points I got from that link:

1. Most halal slaughter is pre-stunned (>80%)
            2. Direct quote from above: "Killing an animal by throat cutting (also known as ‘sticking’) is one of the main slaughter methods.Throat cutting is not exclusive to slaughter for religious purposes. It is a killing method commonly used for the vast majority of cattle and sheep in the UK."

So what I get from that is that if we force pre-stunning on all animals (so that the 20% of halal who aren't currently stunned are stunned) then there is no difference between halal and, let's call it traditional British "sticking" (for the bigots), since both involve cutting the throat.
            Last edited by sasguru; 21 September 2017, 09:54.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

2. Direct quote from above: "Killing an animal by throat cutting (also known as ‘sticking’) is one of the main slaughter methods.Throat cutting is not exclusive to slaughter for religious purposes. It is a killing method commonly used for the vast majority of cattle and sheep in the UK."

So what I get from that is that if we force pre-stunning on all animals (so that the 20% of halal who aren't currently stunned are stunned) then there is no difference between halal and, let's call it traditional British (for the bigots), since both involve cutting the throat.
              Racist!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Let me repeat:

Give your kid packed lunch but be careful where you get any meat from.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So what I get from that is that if we force pre-stunning on all animals (so that the 20% of halal who aren't currently stunned are stunned) then there is no difference between halal and, let's call it traditional British (for the bigots), since both involve cutting the throat.
                  Wasn't it this 20% (you've identified) that the objection is about?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    It's desperate when you have help the people you're arguing with form their argument articulately isn't it?
                    What by posting a link to a BBC article with the emotive headline "Lancashire council leader accused of halal meat 'crusade'"? Which instantly conveys the false impression he's a frothing at the mouth muzzie basher.

Jeez....

Comment

There are a couple of sticking points:

- Those mosques that would not see stunning as halal
                      - Jewish people who follow a strict kosher diet.

In both cases, I see there is a compromise to accommodate practice through regulation and labelling.

Comment

Working...
                      X