• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there about 12 months ago on a six month contract. Voda will issue you with a free parking pass to one of the car parks in central Newbury, then you can get the free bus to Voda HQ. It's a massive bugbear for a lot of contractors as it can add significant time to your journey, especially if you're journey is west in the morning and east going home.

Comment

Originally posted by contractmonkey View Post
      I was there about 12 months ago on a six month contract. Voda will issue you with a free parking pass to one of the car parks in central Newbury, then you can get the free bus to Voda HQ. It's a massive bugbear for a lot of contractors as it can add significant time to your journey, especially if you're journey is west in the morning and east going home.
      Thanks for the information.
      I hope this is given to all contractors @ Newbury HQ. If its a decent secure parking location it might be better than Shaw Social Club option. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
        Thanks for the information.
        I hope this is given to all contractors @ Newbury HQ. If its a decent secure parking location it might be better than Shaw Social Club option. Thanks.
        So what is the situation Darren? You on site working away with the second gig with the SC gig ticking down to start day?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I too am curious!

P.S. probably a bit late to the party but, WB NLUK.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            I too am curious!

P.S. probably a bit late to the party but, WB NLUK.
            Hee hee. Thanks
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                This is not all that informative; where's NLYUK for some car parking jibes?

Comment

This is not all that informative; where's NLYUK for some car parking jibes?
                  This is a very serious thread.

Otherwise when I work at Vodafone how am I going to know where to park.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To be fair it is in professional - not sure how it hasn't been moved yet!

Comment

To be fair it is in professional - not sure how it hasn't been moved yet!
                      As Susie says, car parking arrangements are a critical component of business and contracting arrangements, especially for high flying managers of testers.

Comment

Working...
                      X