• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??"

Collapse

• Darren_Test
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Does the OP need help with shoelace tying, too? FFS!
    Nope I hate shoes with laces so that is not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    That's right.

Coming soon - where best to buy envelopes? And a thread about how to correctly account for £2 placed in said envelope and posted through the door of a social club.
    Presumably a thread about how to obtain a VAT receipt for said £2 parking fee.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Where are the stats for disguised employee car parking arrangements satisfaction?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Coincidence?

I'll just park this link here and let you decide

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Used to live in shaw. 30 years mind before Vodaphone was even built there....
    You don't happen to still have a resident's parking permit, do you?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    With a bit of luck, Vodafone take on low grade BAU contractors as well, and then he can queue up with PC, so they can work these problems out between them.
    Used to live in shaw. 30 years mind before Vodaphone was even built there....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The big picture is that since Darren started, Vodafone have decided to shed jobs in Newbury and relocate some to London and Manchester.
    https://www.ft.com/content/db95361e-...b-33fe0c5b7eaa

... can't wait for Darren to ask about parking near Paddington station
    'Jobs'? What is that to with genuine independent contractors such as Darren?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Car parking arrangements are an important part of a contract, affecting both travelling time and profitability. I am concerned that if this thread were moved to General, it may deteriorate, and we would lose sight of the big picture.
    The big picture is that since Darren started, Vodafone have decided to shed jobs in Newbury and relocate some to London and Manchester.
    https://www.ft.com/content/db95361e-...b-33fe0c5b7eaa

... can't wait for Darren to ask about parking near Paddington station

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Corn Exchange (round the back of my solicitors, the ones who managed to get an agent who was trying to defraud my company to cough up a lot + 14 months of fees)
    Car parking fees?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    BTW, just realised that this thread was in the professional forums.
    Professional forums are for professional stuff. This belongs in General.
    Car parking arrangements are an important part of a contract, affecting both travelling time and profitability. I am concerned that if this thread were moved to General, it may deteriorate, and we would lose sight of the big picture.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Which car park?
    Corn Exchange (round the back of my solicitors, the ones who managed to get an agent who was trying to defraud my company to cough up a lot + 14 months of fees)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    BTW, just realised that this thread was in the professional forums.
    Professional forums are for professional stuff. This belongs in General.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    It's posted on the noticeboard at the entrance to the carpark.
    Which car park?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Does anyone know what the Vodafone disguised employee grievance procedure is?
    It's posted on the noticeboard at the entrance to the carpark.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Just merging Darren's threads about how to park a car, in the hope that it makes it easier for him to find where he parked the last thread on the topic.

My thought:
    Darren, if you're really upset about contractors definitely breaking car parking rules, why not report their registration numbers to HR and let the company deal with it themselves.
    Does anyone know what the Vodafone disguised employee grievance procedure is?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X