• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    The windows are not actually holes in the envelopes. Instead they are transparent material in the front of the envelopes. Can you see how there is a reflection?

Mind you, I'm not making any recommendations, just illustrating the feature.
    I know they aren't holes but they can be weak spots. I rip them out of envelopes I recycle and some are simply crap.

If the OP has to come on here to ask about this stuff he may not be careful how he puts his coins in the envelope and carries them, possibly damaging the window.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I know they aren't holes but they can be weak spots.
      Buy cheap, buy twice. YACNCOTBAC.

Comment

Buy cheap, buy twice. YACNCOTBAC.
        Yeah but we don't expect the OP to work out the quality of envelopes with windows hence it's better for him to concentrate on getting good quality envelopes without them.

Comment

Has this not been moved to General yet?

Comment

Avoid the HQ

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
            They used to have a separate contractor car park (first exit from first roundabout in HQ) long back. Now I checked google map looks like that road ends in a gated field!

Any recent contractors in Newbury HQ, how you manage to park if you are working @ HQ.What are the options and how costly are those options.?

I have seen old messages, not seen anything new how contractors working in HQ are managing it..?
            Last time I was there, if based at the HQ the carpark is a good couple of miles due south and you use the free bus.

Vodafone HQ 2014:
            Packed to the gunnels with people.
            Virtually no hot desks if you haven't been allocated one.
            No free coffee.
            Bring your own coffee, milk, sugar and wait to use the kettle.
            Can buy coffee at the Costas in the main building.

Other VF buildings? Absoluely fine. Loads of desks (hot or allocated), parking, canteen and free coffee all day long.
            Hop on the free bus for meetings at the HQ.

I formed the impression VF were packing the HQ with graduates 'to make it feel like a groovy happening place'.
            BS, it was a horrid working environment.
            The HQ isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
              Has this not been moved to General yet?
              This is a very serious thread about business. Why does it need to be moved?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                This is a very serious thread about business. Why does it need to be moved?
                Indeed. I've learnt more about paying cash in a letter here than anywhere else. A valuable business resource oooaarr to be sure.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Indeed. I've learnt more about paying cash in a letter here than anywhere else. A valuable business resource oooaarr to be sure.
                  In a letter? When did we move on from envelopes?

Comment

In a letter? When did we move on from envelopes?
                    I'd got the hang of that bit after all the useful information in this thread so was going to take it to the next level.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      I'd got the hang of that bit after all the useful information in this thread so was going to take it to the next level.
                      Letters hope the OP has too.

Comment

Working...
                      X