• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor's car park @ Vodafone Newbury HQ..??

They used to have a separate contractor car park (first exit from first roundabout in HQ) long back. Now I checked google map looks like that road ends in a gated field!

Any recent contractors in Newbury HQ, how you manage to park if you are working @ HQ.What are the options and how costly are those options.?

I have seen old messages, not seen anything new how contractors working in HQ are managing it..?
    Last edited by Darren_Test; 15 September 2017, 20:07.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Vo...obile&ie=UTF-8

Anything in there of any help?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 15 September 2017, 20:58.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

northernladuk, Thanks for your very kind response. As I mentioned I am looking for recent info on parking sitn...how people are managing now.. ...cost of that..???

Comment

The contractors car park was closed a few years ago.
        Try Shaw social club, £2 a day - envelope through door and is just a short walk from the site.
        Friday is better as the site barrier is not enforced so I park in one of the main car parks.

Comment

Originally posted by bob View Post
          The contractors car park was closed a few years ago.
          Try Shaw social club, £2 a day - envelope through door and is just a short walk from the site.
          Friday is better as the site barrier is not enforced so I park in one of the main car parks.
          Thanks a lot for this update. I can see Shaw social club is very close and I am sure there will be some shortcuts to HQ as well. I suppose you mean I need prior agreement with them and pay fee by ' envelope through door'.

Good to see Friday is trouble free, hopefully they will not suddenly change their policy. Thanks a lot for this feedback. This is super helpful. thanks.

Comment

No prior agreement needed...just your reg number on the envelope so they know the car has been paid for. If not you may well get a 'little note' on your windscreen
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Thanks a lot

Rate mentioned £2/day is it present rate or past rate..? If it is past rate, can anyone confirm current rate..? Also is it safe to park my 'Lambo' there..?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
                Thanks a lot

Rate mentioned £2/day is it present rate or past rate..? If it is past rate, can anyone confirm current rate..? Also is it safe to park my 'Lambo' there..?
                If you've already got a contract there, speak to your client contact and ask them, but try not to do it the same way you do here as they might not be impressed.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  If you've already got a contract there, speak to your client contact and ask them, but try not to do it the same way you do here as they might not be impressed.
                  This.

Or call Shaw social.

Or go there and see/ask.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Totally this. You could even try the agent. They should be pretty clued up about this type of on boarding as every single contractor will be in the same situation.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X