• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Explosion On The London Underground

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Oh I thought that was a photo of the damage done to someone's shopping.
    Most of the injuries appear to have been sustained in the stampeded to get off the train and out of the station.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      AIUI he's saying that under no circumstances must we attempt to make any preparations against such an eventuality.

Though it's a bit unclear, because he now seems like he's saying we should be making preparations against such an eventuality, exactly as Sadiq Khan said in the article he originally quoted and vehemently disagreed with.
      Presumably, the correct response is to dial down the vigilance so you don't alert the authorities if you see an unattended bag on the tube.

Comment

The BBC are reporting that the device had a timer, and that:

The indications are that the device at Parsons Green was designed to kill and maim a large number of people and that it failed to explode properly (similar to the failed 21/7 devices in 2005).

Explosives experts say it appears to have been a "deflagration" rather than a detonation, which would have killed everybody next to it.
        Are we waiting for the Americans to leak information again?
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

AIUI he's saying that under no circumstances must we attempt to make any preparations against such an eventuality.

Though it's a bit unclear, because he now seems like he's saying we should be making preparations against such an eventuality, exactly as Sadiq Khan said in the article he originally quoted and vehemently disagreed with.
          Just to clarify before you attempt to twist my words any further. I think Sadiq Khan's advice is nonsense, be prepared/vigilant/on your guard is not going to prevent you being caught up in a islamic terrorist attack. How on earth do you prevent a suicide bomber going on the tube and detonating a back pack? How do you prevent someone driving a car? How do prevent someone walking into a pub? It might have worked for the IRA who never went down the suicide bomber route and actually left devices but not with islamic terror.

There are many more things we could be actually doing to prevent these attack, none of which are happening for purely political reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
            Just to clarify before you attempt to twist my words any further. I think Sadiq Khan's advice is nonsense, be prepared/vigilant/on your guard is not going to prevent you being caught up in a islamic terrorist attack. How on earth do you prevent a suicide bomber going on the tube and detonating a back pack? How do you prevent someone driving a car? How do prevent someone walking into a pub? It might have worked for the IRA who never went down the suicide bomber route and actually left devices but not with islamic terror.

There are many more things we could be actually doing to prevent these attack, none of which are happening for purely political reasons.
            I didn't realise you work in the security services.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A UK police spokesperson: "This is pure speculation given we don’t know who is involved. Any speculation is unhelpful." London Underground train blast: Live updates - CNN

Comment

je suis Parsons Green
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

je suis Parsons Green
                  #jesuisexcon

Comment

I'm not seeing any reports of any group claiming responsibility. You have to be a pretty tulip terrorist for absolutely nobody to want to take credit for your actions

Comment

I'm not seeing any reports of any group claiming responsibility. You have to be a pretty tulip terrorist for absolutely nobody to want to take credit for your actions
                      It's the antithesis of The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X