• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Projet Angscht oder Welt Dominatioun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Leavers never have any evidence , its all based on sound bytes and the assumption that leaving the EU and being under pure British rule will be so much better. They quote how corrupt and disorganised the EU are but never contrast that to the UK's own politicians or government. The only reason to many is that it has to be better because its British and how unpatriotic you are for not thinking the same.

Ask them what laws they are looking forward to when we have the great repeal bill and you wont get any answers, ask them about the economy and you will be told about Global Britain like suddenly other countries will want to do more business with us when we leave despite all of the countries that we do 70% of our trade with already telling us differently.

Don't bother arguing with them its a waste of time just make plans to leave at short notice should things go pear shaped in 2019.
    I think the argument to leave is a sound one, though pointless going over it as the argument had been won. If you think eu won't trade with us then I think you are daft.

If they put tariffs on their goods then I'm sure someone else will sell it cheaper to us.

If they put barriers up on services then their loss, they either pay more or find another provider not as good as the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      If they put tariffs on their goods then I'm sure someone else will sell it cheaper to us.
      Tariffs are not on what they export to us - they impose tariffs on what third countries export to them.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        This is why I'm in favour of Brexit because the UK lives in its own fantasy bubble, and being out of the EU will effectively isolate Euro sceptics.
        Euroscepticism is rife across the EU. If it wasn't, then the EU would be more than happy to hold an EU wide referendum on its future direction, safe in the knowledge it would win.

But I doubt they have that confidence. It is Juncker living in a fantasy bubble.
        Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          If you think eu won't trade with us then I think you are daft.
          Who has suggested this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            No longer being able to work in the EU is a very minor inconvenience for me, since I've never actually done so.
            That suggests you're a bottom feeder whose skills aren't in much demand.
            Not world class in other words.
            It amazes me that the least gifted assume that things will simply carry on as before.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              Tariffs are not on what they export to us - they impose tariffs on what third countries export to them.
              And to think they let him vote on this issue
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Euroscepticism is rife across the EU. If it wasn't, then the EU would be more than happy to hold an EU wide referendum on its future direction, safe in the knowledge it would win.

But I doubt they have that confidence. It is Juncker living in a fantasy bubble.
                By what authority can the EU hold a referendum?

Comment

If Juncker were to force a referendum then there would be an out cry that the EU was becoming a superstate. Each country had democratic parliamentary elections after which they joined the European Union. There are plenty political parties in each of these countries proposing referendums, but none of them can muster a majority. Even Greece had a referendum on EU poposals and voted in favour of the EU.

In other words Eurosceptics in the UK are nothing more than an aberration, and probably Eurosceptism is only a temporary phenomenen
                  in the UK. It will eventually takes its place with other failed political movements in the dustbin of history such as communism or nuclear disarmament.

In fact Juncker made a raft of proposals to the council of ministers one of which proposed reverting the European Union to it's previous structure i.e. a loose community based solely on trade. The proposal he put forward to the parliament yesterday is the one most heads of state in Europe favour.

This is the problem with most Eurosceptics in that they don't understand the role of the Commission as an executive that defers to both the council of ministers and the European Parliament. The driver of proposals that get passed is and always will be the Council of Ministers.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 September 2017, 11:12.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    That suggests you're a bottom feeder whose skills aren't in much demand.
                    Not world class in other words.
                    It amazes me that the least gifted assume that things will simply carry on as before.
                    You're fairly consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      You're fairly consistent.
                      Consistently right.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X