• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Projet Angscht oder Welt Dominatioun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    I love the irony of this. The Remainers are almost to a man in the EU and, conversely, the Brexiters are in the UK. Surely everyone should be happy?
    Well if the UK wishes to destroy it's own economy that's fine but it will be a bit of a drag on the rest of the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Well if the UK wishes to destroy it's own economy that's fine but it will be a bit of a drag on the rest of the EU.

Your concern has been duly noted.

Comment

I love the irony of this. The Remainers are almost to a man in the EU and, conversely, the Brexiters are in the UK. Surely everyone should be happy?
        Most of the 48% who voted remain are in the UK.
        We'd be quite happy with the result if it led to better growth, a stronger economy, a stronger pound etc.
        But that isn't going to happen because even the most basic analysis shows that the UK economy benefited from EU membership.
        Basically the less cognitively gifted voted for Brexit because they couldn't do the maths - and now they'll pay the price.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The UK is in the EU, ergo...

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Most of the 48% who voted remain are in the UK.
            We'd be quite happy with the result if it led to better growth, a stronger economy, a stronger pound etc.
            But that isn't going to happen because even the most basic analysis shows that the UK economy benefited from EU membership.
            Basically the less cognitively gifted voted for Brexit because they couldn't do the maths - and now they'll pay the price.
            True. However I think that Drunker's latest pronouncements on further integration with less democracy illustrate why people voted to leave, despite the economic consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Indeed - not sure why the EU are dragging things out and desperately trying to grab a few more Euro's from the UK.

Surely if we were that useless and pointless the EU would be glad to see the back of us and would do all they can to get rid of us quickly so they can get on to much more pressing matters.

Even the divorce bill of 100 billion euro's or whatever is only small potatoes compared to the vast all powerful EU's accounts surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                True. However I think that Drunker's latest pronouncements on further integration with less democracy illustrate why people voted to leave, despite the economic consequences.
                That's interesting so how is moving control of the EU budget to the European Parliament less democratic ?
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  What authority does Juncker have?

Comment

I find it interesting that when the EU commission proposes to implement all the demands of Eurosceptics to make the EU more democratic by shifting power to elected MEPs that Eurosceptics say this is less democratic.

One has the sense that Eurosceptics will respond in a knee jerk fashion to any proposals by the Commission regardless of what they are and without understanding them to claim that it is a power grab, even though president of the commssion who they claim is grabbing the power won't actually be the president after the reforms.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Most of the FTSE100 Bosses would agree with him , I will remind you with this linky EU referendum: FTSE 100 chiefs warn Brexit would threaten investment in UK | The Independent , of course your going to explain why all these wealthy bosses who have made it their lives to run successful companies in a very difficult and global climate know a hell of a lot less than you do about it , but it will be amusing to read anyways.
                      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                      X