• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hipster causes murder on a bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems not having brakes would have made no difference. He was on the phone at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Seems not having brakes would have made no difference. He was on the phone at the time.
      So everyone involved was on the phone.

Phone addiction is real, wonder how the government will figure out how to tax it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        He must have been tracking his 'off the lights' acceleration on his phone.

I bet he can beat £20k tulip boxes up to 20mph.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          He must have been tracking his 'off the lights' acceleration on his phone.

I bet he can beat £20k tulip boxes up to 20mph.
          At the time he was googling "what to say on social media if you kill someone". He never did see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            So everyone involved was on the phone.

Phone addiction is real, wonder how the government will figure out how to tax it.
            Smartphone separation anxiety is getting worse | Daily Mail Online

Comment

I'm off to the Old Bailey to see if I can get into this trial (court 11). I'll report back if anything interesting happens. And if I can bust any media biased reporting of the trial.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                I'm off to the Old Bailey to see if I can get into this trial (court 11). I'll report back if anything interesting happens. And if I can bust any media biased reporting of the trial.
                They may ask you to remove your tinfoil hat before entering the building.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  Hopefully you will be there when the judge puts his black cap on.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Get an umbrella?

Hmmm. Another cyclist no looking where's he's going...

I got shouted out by a well dressed lady recently for not stopping for her on a Zebra Crossing. I did then stop, pointed out that since she was riding her bike across she wasn't therefore a pedestrian, had no right of way and was in fact breaking the law.

And just too be clear, there was no chance of me hitting her by not stopping since we were at opposite ends of a fairly wide crossing and she would not have been inconvenienced in the slightest...

But I do get seriously irritated by having to stop at a Pelican Crossing for some tit on a bike who's pressed the button so they can ride across the road.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      Hmmm. Another cyclist no looking where's he's going...

I got shouted out by a well dressed lady recently for not stopping for her on a Zebra Crossing. I did then stop, pointed out that since she was riding her bike across she wasn't therefore a pedestrian, had no right of way and was in fact breaking the law.

And just too be clear, there was no chance of me hitting her by not stopping since we were at opposite ends of a fairly wide crossing and she would not have been inconvenienced in the slightest...

But I do get seriously irritated by having to stop at a Pelican Crossing for some tit on a bike who's pressed the button so they can ride across the road.
                      Chill out. You're only irritating yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X