• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax Clarity card - £500 limit - whats the point?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Ironically, today's post brought a letter from Halifax about my Clarity card and the credit limit.

They've decided to increase it to £14500 without my asking. Who should I complain to about this worrying trend?
    Sounds like you should have got 15k, but the bastards deducted £500 for some workshy Valleys shyster.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      FTFY
      Almost! Can't stand JK, but the sofa has seen better days 12 years old now and been through two puppies/dogs and babies/kids and just me being a clumsy fecker. It's only the patches keeping it together.

Mrs qh has been making noises about a new one, so no doubt it'll be a trip to Lignet Roset soon, I leave DFS to all you peasants!

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Ironically, today's post brought a letter from Halifax about my Clarity card and the credit limit.

They've decided to increase it to £14500 without my asking. Who should I complain to about this worrying trend?
        Mine is only 12.5k, but it has been for about 5 years.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Yeh maybe thats it. But £500 is pointless. Mrs P can spend that in an hour in Florida!
          If you got it for overseas spending, what's the problem? Just bung a few grand into it so you're in credit, you'll still get all the benefits of it?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            If you got it for overseas spending, what's the problem? Just bung a few grand into it so you're in credit, you'll still get all the benefits of it?
            That would be applying common sense and he'd have no trivial life problems to complain endlessly about then.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 13 June 2017, 17:34.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              I've had a Clarity card for yonks with a £5000 limit, for the £5 cashback. Used to spend as little over £300 on it per month (the rest on a Barclaycard giving 0.5% on Visa and 1% on Amex). Since they dropped the £5 reward, I maintain the card by making one tiny tiny tiny tiny transaction on it per month.

Since I've been renovating me house, the cashback on my Barclaycard over the past year has literally been enough to buy... Actually, £150 doesn't get you far now does it.

Ironic that the money I spend earns me more than the money I save!
              You need to try the northern tart, £150 gets you a whole weekend, a bit of round-the-back action if you're that way inclined, and she'll even have a wash first.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                When I've got about 80K limits on other cards.

There's your problem - just close the other cards you don't use and try again...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That would be applying common sense and he'd have no trivial life problems to complain endlessly about then.
                  Yes he would.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    There's your problem - just close the other cards you don't use and try again...
                    Doesn't need to try again.

You close the other cards, spend on this one and they will increase your limit.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Doesn't need to try again.

You close the other cards, spend on this one and they will increase your limit.
                      He has to clear 80k debt first.

Comment

Working...
                      X