• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I can still be Prime Minister. This is still on. Absolutely"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I can still be Prime Minister. This is still on. Absolutely"

Corbyn vows to force May to resign 'within a matter of days'

Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn went on the offensive in an interview with the Daily Mirror on Saturday, vowing to oust Prime Minister Theresa May of the Conservatives "within a matter of days."

“I can still be Prime Minister. This is still on. Absolutely. Theresa May has been to the Palace. She’s attempting to form a government," Corbyn told the Mirror.

He plans to use the vote over the Queen's Speech at the end of June as his next attempt to topple May, who is barely clinging to power following the destruction of the Tories' majority at the ballot box on Thursday.

“We will – obviously – amend the Queen’s Speech. There’s a possibility of voting it down and we’re going to push that all the way," he explained. Corbyn says there's enough opposition in Parliament and in May's own party to topple the government.

Corbyn also said there's enough opposition in Parliament and in May's own party to topple the government.

Corbyn vows to force May to resign 'within a matter of days' | TheHill

Downing Street: 'The Democratic Unionist Party has agreed in principle a "confidence and supply" deal to support a Conservative government.'

DUP: 'No we haven't.'

Downing Street sources: 'Wrong statement was issued in error.'

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Downing Street: 'The Democratic Unionist Party has agreed in principle a "confidence and supply" deal to support a Conservative government.'

DUP: 'No we haven't.'

Downing Street sources: 'Wrong statement was issued in error.'

FFS
      Nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Corbyn vows to force May to resign 'within a matter of days'
        He'll be joining the queue behind the Tory party.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Perfectly valid strategy from his end. Do everything he can to bring down TM, even by encouraging Tories to stick the knife into Theresa. If her attempt to form a government fails, he will then get invited to the palace to have a crack at it.

Does he have the numbers to make it work - no, doesn't. But while he is trying to form a coalition, he will be Prime Minister.

His efforts to form a coalition will fail, so this will trigger another general election, but this time JC will be the incumbent PM, so will get a poll boost.

3 months from now, JC could be substantive-PM with a Labour majority.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Perfectly valid strategy from his end. Do everything he can to bring down TM, even by encouraging Tories to stick the knife into Theresa. If her attempt to form a government fails, he will then get invited to the palace to have a crack at it.

Does he have the numbers to make it work - no, doesn't. But while he is trying to form a coalition, he will be Prime Minister.

His efforts to form a coalition will fail, so this will trigger another general election, but this time JC will be the incumbent PM, so will get a poll boost.

3 months from now, JC could be substantive-PM with a Labour majority.
            And for this reason, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Just go. Thanks for nothing.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Two weeks of hot weather and no corned beef and you'll be back.

Comment

DUP playing hard to get

Looks like they don't want to ally themselves with a bunch of losers.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Polls point to a Labour landslide if a new election is called:

Labour now has a six-point lead over the Tories, new poll finds | The Independent
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X