• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do we need more (fire) armed police?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No arms for squirrels though.
    Think again, punk?

Comment

Tasers are still a good solution as many of the attackers are armed with knives.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        WTF Fake news!!!!

Saint Theresa said Tory Scum Govt increased armed police counts!!!

But she did, percentage wise.

By getting rid of more unarmed officers, the % balance is now that there are more armed ones. Overall there are about 18,000 fewer police officers, but now a larger percentage of the smaller number are armed.

...remember we can't say anything bad about St Theresa as her religious followers will attack us due to their blind faith that everything she does is perfect and anyone else is evil
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

By getting rid of more unarmed officers, the % balance is now that there are more armed ones. Overall there are about 18,000 fewer police officers, but now a larger percentage of the smaller number are armed.

...remember we can't say anything bad about St Theresa as her religious followers will attack us due to their blind faith that everything she does is perfect and anyone else is evil
          I suspect largely around the Westminster area
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Tasers are still a good solution as many of the attackers are armed with knives.
            Sorry I disagree.

In this case, they appeared to have suicide vests. It was important to stop them setting them off. The police could not have known they were fake.

Obviously upsetting that some innocent got their head blown off. However, if police had not fired so many shots, it could have cost many more lives.

I am no fan of the police. However this case is very different from the Brazilian Electrician. Everyone involved in that execution should be in prison for murder.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Fatwa on WTFH!

I don't think there is a single May supporter round here. Only some who say there is no-one better for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Think again, punk?

Is that a Westinghouse model M95A3s?

Comment

Fatwa on WTFH!

I don't think there is a single May supporter round here. Only some who say there is no-one better for the job.
                  I think there's a few on here whose faith in the Tory party is unswerving, even after they have failed to deliver, or U-turned on practically everything they promised over the last few years

Comment

Sorry I disagree.

In this case, they appeared to have suicide vests. It was important to stop them setting them off. The police could not have known they were fake.

Obviously upsetting that some innocent got their head blown off. However, if police had not fired so many shots, it could have cost many more lives.

I am no fan of the police. However this case is very different from the Brazilian Electrician. Everyone involved in that execution should be in prison for murder.
                    Agree. I don't think tasering a vest filled with explosives is going to have the desired effect.

Wasn't Cressida Dick the commanding officer in the Jean-Charles de Menendes operation?

Comment

Sorry I disagree.

Taser can be implemented quickly.

https://leics.police.uk/advice-and-i...ng-and-reviews

Our initial training module is 24 hours, spread across four days.
                      Officers then attend two days of refresher training per year.
                      its 18 weeks for a gun.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X