• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teresa May - Thick as mince

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It seems to be May who got her knickers in a knot at that dinner. She couldn't even remember what was discussed, was unprepared and seems to have no real knowledge of the EU. This is the person who the UK have charged with taking them out of it, be afraid, very afraid
    When the comment about the most senior EU person there was 'he stayed sober' one wonders who to believe.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      It seems to be May who got her knickers in a knot at that dinner. She couldn't even remember what was discussed, was unprepared and seems to have no real knowledge of the EU. This is the person who the UK have charged with taking them out of it, be afraid, very afraid
      Got her knickers in a knot according to who? The people she is going to be negotiating with? Tittle tattle by the sounds of it. No smoke without fire I am sure.

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      I think the problem is the British press living in a Land of delusions, and people read it and believe the cr*p being dished out.

anyway it looks like the bill has just been doubled on request of the EU governments.

The EU bill to be well over 100 Billion

The UK, or what's left of it after the debacle is over will be brought down to Earth eventually.

What they want is not necessarily what they will get though? Surely this comes down to the legalities of what we have to pay back, not just what they want us to pay back. Am sure I read something along those lines a while ago... Will have a read of your link when I get a sec. I should read more

Comment

There's plenty of very smart, well-educated MPs in the Tory party (and presumably the other parties to perhaps a lesser extent) but the problem is they mostly appear to fall into one of the public school-boy archetypes; Boris the Buffoon or that slimy Rees-Morgan chap who couldn't be more out of touch with 99.99% of the electorate.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Germany 'interfering in General Election in attempt to undermine Theresa May'

Senior officials in the German government and in Brussels have openly mocked Mrs May or leaked sensitive information about private meetings in what is being seen as an attempt to undermine the Prime Minister.

Last week Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, also suggested Britain had “illusions” over what it could hope to achieve from Brexit.

Weakening Mrs May’s mandate with the electorate would tilt the balance in favour of the EU negotiators, and Conservative sources have suggested she is the victim of a co-ordinated plot ahead of next month’s election.

One close ally of Mrs May said: “There is a long-standing tradition that countries do not involve themselves in the elections of other countries, and they seem to be breaking that.”
          hmm good to see the EU are staying professional.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            ...Anyway, who to vote for. A dangerous communist, a god-fearing gay-hater or 'Mummy". ****ed in each direction...
            I think you are showing symptoms of an Oedipus complex...

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Does she provide strong leadership?
              And stable.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

One thing you notice is that Brexit is prominent in the British news, lots of hysteria, whereas in Europe it's buried in the back pages somewhere, a distant fight between the Commission and the UK in which the EU leaders won't be getting their hands dirty.

When Mrs Thatcher came to European summits the other leaders would quake in their boots and treated her with the utmost respect, but then the UK were a full member of the EU who could throw in the veto and gum up the works whenever they wanted. Now that Mrs May has invoked article 50 the other leaders can afford to ignore her, she'll be on her own facing EU Commission officials, just like the Swiss do, grovelling for concessions, the humiliation of last week is just a sign of how it will be in the future.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Theresa May, seen here enjoying strong and stable potato sticks, later spoke of the success of the Ed Milliband "eating in public" course.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    2nd class degree in Geography and it shows. Out of her depth, only capable of cliches, no subtlety, meaningless sound bites. Only matched in inanity by her opposition and supporters. Truly, we've reached a nadir.
                    She graduated in 1977 - that is now 40 years ago.

Pointless tw@'s like you who think that what you did 40 years ago has any bearing on your current abilities are holding the country back!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      She graduated in 1977 - that is now 40 years ago.

Pointless tw@'s like you who think that what you did 40 years ago has any bearing on your current abilities are holding the country back!
                      Ask SAS where he went to university.

Comment

Working...
                      X