• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The Tories are crashing.

UK Polling Report

The election is getting interesting.

You must have a different interpretation of "crashing" to me...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      You must have a different interpretation of "crashing" to me...
      Tory lead down by 7%

If this is the start of a trend could get interesting.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Just donated them £1500 - more to follow, if you are reading this - you are the Resistance!
        Previously you had said you were going to donate £10,000 to the Labour losers, now you've donated a smaller sum to the unLiberal unDemocrats, glad to see you're wasting your cash, keep it up.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          Previously you had said you were going to donate £10,000 to the Labour losers, now you've donated a smaller sum to the unLiberal unDemocrats, glad to see you're wasting your cash, keep it up.
          I expect my donations to Lib Dems to exceed £10k, I first want to meet with them to see if they got realistic plan that can put that sum to good use. I won't give any money to Labour (especially to local MP who was spearheading Brexit but now cowardly stood down knowing that she'd lose out, real pity that) or Tories - this country needs to stop dominance of any single party and Lib Dems are decent candidates for that.

2010-2015 administration was (in retrospect) excellent and this was due to moderating influence of Lib Dems.

Comment

I expect my donations to Lib Dems to exceed £10k, I first want to meet with them to see if they got realistic plan that can put that sum to good use. I won't give any money to Labour (especially to local MP who was spearheading Brexit but now cowardly stood down knowing that she'd lose out, real pity that) or Tories - this country needs to stop dominance of any single party and Lib Dems are decent candidates for that.

2010-2015 administration was (in retrospect) excellent and this was due to moderating influence of Lib Dems.
            Should be able to cover one night's Bar Bill.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I am planning to give it to local MP candidate

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                House of Commons Bars are much cheaper....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Tory lead down by 7%

If this is the start of a trend could get interesting.

That same YouGov poll again. YouGov is an online poll. So all the live at home with mum and dad snow flakes that won't vote anyway.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    That same YouGov poll again. YouGov is an online poll. So all the live at home with mum and dad snow flakes that won't vote anyway.

didn't the online polls overstate the Leave vote so giving the impression Leave would win ?

...and when the polls were vilified wasn't YouGov the only poll to have been accurate.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

You're wrong on so many levels it's untrue. None of the "good" things were Lib Dem ideas, a lot of the good things were scuppered by them. They were only there on a back of a bravura TV performance by Clegg that impressed the snowflakes and one that he utterly failed to turn into any sort of leadership.

As for single party dominance, the economic reality since about 1970 is that we go forward when the Tories are driving and backward when Labour are. Yes we absolutely need a strong opposition - or even a moderately capable one - but Farron and Corbyn added together is only about a tenth of one. Individually they are pointless.

However I don't want to see a major collapse of the Labour vote for all that. Can you imagine the problems if the main opposition was SNP?
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X